What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

So my new Reverend Bizarre CD is pretty interesting. I cracked the seal, and the CD's are both marked as promo copies. I don't think I've ever seen that in any of my 600 to 700 CD's, so that's kinda cool
The fact that the seller let it go for $9.95 with no S/H on Ebay and has more to sell at that price is also surprising. This generally goes for close to $30.00 brand new and sealed.
I believe it's an import from Holland, so that's pretty cool too! More research forthcoming.

Reverend Bizarre ~ In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend
2004 Spikefarm Records NAULA 054, 981916-2

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/512120397
010.jpg

The torn up Warthog reminds me of the B-17 Paper Doll and this painting by Ardell Bourgeois, "Not Without a Fight." One engine left. All 10 crew bailed out and survived in a Nazi POW camp. (There were apparently several Paper Dolls with their own stories.)
View attachment 1090903
Getting slightly back on topic, my favorite flight-related "musical" sound is a big radial engine of the WWII era.
I wish I knew for certain, but that very well could have been my dad's plane. He was a ball turret gunner.

Inner booklet gatefold on my "new" Reverend Bizarre CD.
When guys are so true to their foundation that they take the time to so faithfully reproduce the inner gatefold of Black Sabbath's Paranoid, you have to take notice.
Love what these guys were doing. They broke up after releasing a few albums so as to not end up sucking, in their words.
012.jpg

Look closely at Ozzy's pants detail and compare. He had that same thing going on beneath the beltline. Look at Tony Iommi's belt and the stuff hanging off of it. Check Bill Ward's posture...Reverend Bizarre totally nailed it.
They just didn't have a Geezer Butler for the pic...the singer handles the bass duties.
sabbath.jpg

Inner booklet gatefold on my "new" Reverend Bizarre CD.
When guys are so true to their foundation that they tale the time to so faithfully reproduce the inner gatefold of Black Sabbath's Paranoid, you have to take notice.
Love what these guys were doing. They broke up after releasing a few albums so as to not end up sucking, in their words.
012.jpg

Look closely at Ozzy's pants detail and compare. He had that same thing going on beneath the beltline. Look at Tony Iommi's belt and the stuff hanging off of it. Check Bill Ward's posture...Reverend Bizarre totally nailed it.
They just didn't have a Geezer Butler for the pic...the singer handles the bass duties.
sabbath.jpg

Interesting. 3 piece with singer on bass? That's worked a couple of times, quite well (Rush/Police)

Back
Top Bottom