What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

51I9A3IuiFL._SY355_.jpg

Agent Steel - Skeptics Apocalypse (Relativity/Important / Combat Records MX 8029), original vinyl LP, my second copy, this one requires a microline stylus judging by the low angle flashlight inspection. I have another copy somewhere. I also have Taken by Force on some cassette tape Metal compilation.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Agent_Steel/Skeptics_Apocalypse/2210

We're kicking it now!...Metal from another world!

Good evening! About to head to the garage and start the clean up of the Technics SL D3 and the Technics SL PD807 I picked up today. The tt has a Pickering XV-15 cart and D140 stylus(which I have no knowledge of either). I plan on putting my Grado Black on first and possibly upgrading the cart with a 8mz stylus. If not that, I’ll try the Ortofon OM10 on it and if I like that better I’ll upgrade that stylus to the OM30.

On another note. For those that have the Axis channel @ 9 eastern tonight they’re playing “Roger Walters the Wall”. Have dvr set so I can catch it later.

Welcome to the millions strong Technics club. Your plan is solid. Don't underestimate the Pickering with proper stylus. It's a keeper.

IMG_4845.JPG IMG_4846.JPG

I know there's all kinds of likes and no likes with the Lamb... pressings. I bought this today as my first ever Lamb pressing. I've had the Atco CD as my only media for years, The dead wax reads: @Miles, The Paradigm 1/2 Speed. Playing through the Fisher tubes is on another level of sound. I made a good purchase.

S.J.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom