What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Do you need a multi Chanel system to play SACD's? I never got into that so that is something I do not have.

I'm not sure. Hybrid disks should play on a CD player as though they are an ordinary CD, but then you'll be reading the CD layer. Some SACDs seem to have a hi-res stereo track as well as multi-channel. I'll have to experiment. It was a surprise to me that I had any SACDs. I found them when I was trying to tidy up a week or so ago. I have 7 SACDs, all classical.

I'm assuming that you can set the player to output stereo via the on screen controls, rather than 5.1, but since it plays CDs as soon as the drawer is closed, I've never hooked it up to a television.

I'll be signing off shortly. I'm going to my younger sisters home. She has children much younger than mine. Her daughter was 16 on Friday. So a birthday party for me. Truthfully I'm not looking forward to this but as uncle Bill I must make an appearance

I'll go to any party as long as there is a cake and the possibility of ice cream.

bf-cakesmile.gif~c200

I'm not sure. Hybrid disks should play on a CD player as though they are an ordinary CD, but then you'll be reading the CD layer. Some SACDs seem to have a hi-res stereo track as well as multi-channel. I'll have to experiment. It was a surprise to me that I had any SACDs. I found them when I was trying to tidy up a week or so ago. I have 7 SACDs, all classical.

I'm assuming that you can set the player to output stereo via the on screen controls, rather than 5.1, but since it plays CDs as soon as the drawer is closed, I've never hooked it up to a television.

WOW, I learn new things every day here. I'm on this SACD thing now. I just did a quick check and there is tons of Classical things and some classic rock stuff.
I will have to dig deeper into this.

I'll be signing off shortly. I'm going to my younger sisters home. She has children much younger than mine. Her daughter was 16 on Friday. So a birthday party for me. Truthfully I'm not looking forward to this but as uncle Bill I must make an appearance

LOL, I have three nieces They are like my very own Daughters. They will not allow me to miss anything. Have fun uncle Bill.

serveimage (1).jpg
Kasuga Les Paul....made the mistake of buying one of these when a foolish young man in a hurry....soon regretted and it successfully held me back for a year or so.....now going for lots of cash in collectors circles.
Discarded years ago,i dont understand the mentality of guitar collectors in the UK.:beatnik:

Back
Top Bottom