What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Mix water and 70% rubbing alcohol (50/50) (helps the water dry fast). Carefully soak a cotton ball and apply to distcap. This will allow the cap be more flexible. Try the vacuum after that. Let dry and enjoy.

If that does not work, do the water mix, and use a fine needle and get under the cap, you can seal a small hole with elmers and you will never see it... Not the best practice but it works.
That sounds better than the glue methods.

Man the 26s sound fantastic with acoustic guitar or strings, and this table combined is really nice. The Judds album is one I've listened to since I was a small child, I know the album so well if I hear anything out of place I catch it fast, I'm hearing sound I've not heard on this album! The lower end is just perfect to my ears. The top end has seemed to gotten a lot clearer, and more depth in the sound stage.

I'm leaving work early tomorrow to go to the DMV.... if I'm lucky I'll be home by 2-3p I'm going to be up so late tomorrow, going to just play albums all day until I crash out.

Have some CCR going now :)
IMG_3650.JPG IMG_3649.JPG

View attachment 1144116 it's crunched pretty good may not be save able, it's similar to when you get a compound dent in your car fender, plungers not gonna work. Maybe the soaking method will work mention by Jobrewer.
Try the shop vac first. The one I did was worse. Could still see some crinkling but just a little. Watch out for the alcohol if you try John's method the logo might fade or run. :)

Back
Top Bottom