What car is this?

Telecolor 3007

I love old stuff
About 10-11 years ago I took 2 pictures of this car in Bucharest. Well, I'm curios what it is: an "Cadillac" or an "Lincoln"?

30vdkcx.jpg

Neither, looks to me to be a Ford LTD, not sure the year however... off to Google I go.

Edit: It does appear to have Lincoln hubcaps...

Yes, that seems to be the car.
7 miles per galon. Funk me. 34 liters of gas per 100 kilometers! A 100 k.m.s. trip costs in Romania about 40 U.S. Dollars at that fuel consumption. Not cheap for around here (for an U.S. person that price will be around 100-120 U.S. Dollars).

well, it SHOULD have the AOD tranny and it SHOULD have the 5.0 or 5.8, if USA then it had an early MFI system or the VVI carb. it export, heck it could have a motorcraft 4400 ish carb. but in any case, at 55-60mph, highway, should see north of 18mpg. if it is getting 7, something broke

Mercury Grand Marquis, 1979-1987. Probably not a '79 either, those had "gills" on the fender. 88+ has a different front end and bumpers.

and yeah, they don't get mileage in the single digits unless something is very wrong.

Different fuel systems depending on the year too, and some of that also will matter if its a US vs export model. Exports mercifully didn't get the CFI (throttle body) system that US cars got.

I wonder if they can see that in Romania. Perhaps I should delete it.

Mercury...is a real good car.

:crazy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom