What CD Player Do You Use?

Oppo BDP-105 in the main system — plays everything and sounds terrific. Sony ES CD players in a couple other places. I previously had a Sony DVP-NS9100ES DVD/SACD/CD player and thought the audio from it was excellent, too.

I always wanted to try a tube CD player, so I purchased a Grant Fidelity CD-327A from an AKer for use in my mancave. I like it very much...

I always wanted to try a tube CD player, so I purchased a Grant Fidelity CD-327A from an AKer for use in my mancave. I like it very much...

If you can find somewhere Sony CDP-555ESD or CDP-333ESD in good condition you catch a bingo. Look on Lampizator web page what he did make with this players. ;)

At the moment I shuffle between a lightly modded Rotel RCD 855 in the bedroom and in the living room there is a Sony DVP S7000 ( transport ), Pioneer Elite DV 37 ( transport ) both through a Schiit dac and in a second set up there is a Denon DCD 820 used through a Musical Fidelity V Dac

Sold a California Audio Labs CL 20 I should have kept. Looking at purchasing a Denon DCD 460,for 20.00, can't have enough - you know, a back up for the back up.I imagine the 460 is a decent sounding unit, only has analog outs so will not be able to use an outboard dac.

Almost forgot the old Monarchy Audio DT 40A laser disc player based on a Theta design - I have owned it for over 10 years and used it as a transport..I should set it up one day and have a listen through the Schiit Bifrost dac, might work well together.

Last edited:
Currently using Pioneer DV-S969AVi (which I think is similar to the DV-59), an Arcam Alpha 5 and this......

IMG_20171202_134009.jpg

Which is a Technics SL-PS900 with SOAD70A transport, dual power transformers, PSX caps, eight DACs, and MASH.

If I can get it working ! Currently it won't read the TOC of any disk so I'm recapping the servo board to hopefully stabilise the spindle motor. The laser seems OK so fingers crossed that aged caps are to blame....

Have you checked the fiber ring on the clamp arm? Sometimes they get polished from years of use and cause wobbling of the disc while it’s spinning.

Denon DCD-1500, picked up on eBay for like $50 a few years ago. Works perfectly and sounds great.

Right now, Panasonic DVD-H1000. $3K MSRP in 2001.

ZhjyQE6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom