Admin
We have three options for chat:

Keep what we have, AddOn Chat (java based) no longer in contention

Go with Arrow Chat (PHP based) no longer in contention

Go with Comet Chat (PHP based) can be seen at http://www.cometchat.com/

No Chat

Something you find, you want us to consider

What are your thoughts?

Looks like Arrow Chat was causing that annoying "Mobile Chat" floater, so definitely not that one!

I know I don't like this little floating chat switch at the bottom right of my page now.

Chat is in the tool bar at the top of the page and since I have been here I have never gone into chat.

By the way the grainy gray and light blue is nice and easy on the eyes. And thanks for working with us I know we're a pain but it's nice of you to include us.

I'm going to go with Arrow chat, maybe Comet chat taking second place.

I ended up making a suggestion already here with out knowing this thread. Heh

What I dislike about the old java based chat is it doesn't work with mobile devices, and the newer choices will allow more freedom for all AK's users. :thmbsp:

I haven't tried CometChat yet (the interface for their VBulletin demo is a bit wonky on my browser), but it definitely looks promising. The version of ArrowChat used on the site now is not up to snuff, but does show some potential. The old AddOnChat is what I'm used to, but the many issues it has (not to mention the many problems Java has) indicates to me that it's time to move away from it. So in my opinion, Comet over Arrow over AddOn.

Edited to add: No matter what we choose, I very much hope there's a way to create a floating window which is entirely independent of the AK window it was spawned from. This is the main advantage which AddOnChat has, though I haven't seen the floating mode for either Arrow or Comet as of yet.

Last edited:
With a lot of complaints on Arrow Chat, it has been removed. The search for a new chat continues.

Agreed - I vote no to any JAVA Chat.

AddOn Chat (java based) no longer in contention

Arrow Chat (PHP based) no longer in contention

Go with Comet Chat (PHP based) can be seen at http://www.cometchat.com/

No Chat

Something you find, you want us to consider

Back
Top Bottom