What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

Nice waterfall. There in nthing better than a cocktail, a ballgame on the radio, a nice cigar outside on a summer evening. My Friday night cigar and Manhattan partner of 30 years has a son who pitches in MLB. We spend every Friday night in front of the (internet) radio enjoying several cigars and cocktails with various Major and Minor league baseball games throughout the night. We start on the East Coast games and move West as the night progresses. Adding running water in the background would be sublime.

favorite E.P.Carrillo New Wave Connecticut with a couple fingers of Grand Marnier and a Tigers WIN (finally!) on the radio

Probably spinning some Jazz next...

Enjoyed a Fuente Opus X #4 last night. I hadn't had a cigar in over 2 weeks and last night was a perfect evening on the patio.

Reactions: DC
Temple Hall # 625. As I have gotten older I actually prefer milder smokes and these Temple Halls fit the bill. The most under rated brand out there that I have encountered.

Reactions: DC
Nice waterfall. There in nthing better than a cocktail, a ballgame on the radio, a nice cigar outside on a summer evening. My Friday night cigar and Manhattan partner of 30 years has a son who pitches in MLB. We spend every Friday night in front of the (internet) radio enjoying several cigars and cocktails with various Major and Minor league baseball games throughout the night. We start on the East Coast games and move West as the night progresses. Adding running water in the background would be sublime.

Thanks!! It's our tiny paradise (haha).

Tigers are having a tough season...

An office colleague left a couple of these on my desk the other day - Placeres Reserva (Honduras) robusto. I usually prefer a light-wrapper, but this Maduro (I think) is pretty nice! With Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked in the glass!
image.jpeg

IMG_1932.JPG
An office colleague left a couple of these on my desk the other day - Placeres Reserva (Honduras) robusto. I usually prefer a light-wrapper, but this Maduro (I think) is pretty nice! With Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked in the glass!
View attachment 971399

Looks good Don. I just finished a great supper and am having a cup of coffee. Your post made me grab a Warped Flor de Val Antilles Corona. Warped make some fantastic cigars.

Last edited:
Haven't smoked a cigar for a long time. I used to save a bit at the end, and put it in the breast pocket of my jacket to give to my dad for his pipe, when I got home. The year my dad died, I was smoking a King Edward and put a bigger bit than usual in my pocket, smiling as I did so. Then I remembered he wasn't here any more and I sat in the pub in tears, not caring who saw me.
Sorry for the sad story, oh well, it's too late now, I've already clicked 'Post Reply'.:D

Back
Top Bottom