What DAC's do you Vinyl people use?

thesauce

Just wondering if anyone has found a DAC that has the Vinyl sound... if that's even possible.

I currently use a Paradisea + Non-OS DAC and it's very close, but I still prefer my vinyl.

Just curious if anyone has not missed their vinyl after buying a nice DAC.

Ben

I use a TDA1541 DAC. (DIY) I have always liked it's sound.
I also only own CD players built around the Philips mech and this DAC. It's an oldie, but a goodie.

I have a record player and a DAC. The DAC (with G4 computer sending apple lossless files) is wonderful and I enjoy listening but it's not booting the record player out of the system. I've never heard any digital set-up that would boot the record player BUT I will say that the DAC is really excellent and it's way nice to be able to play music when I'm a little busy and don't want to have to change records and I can get a variety or just play a particular genre that I'm in the mood for or....

DAC - Hagerman Chime. hagtech.com

That HagDac looks very interesting. I'd like to hear one sometime and see how it stacks up to the Paradisea. It would be nice if it had a toslink input though, as I prefer glass toslinks.

Yeah, the digital stuff is handy for parties or poker when you can't get up every 20 minutes to flip the record! Some newer stuff does sound way close to the vinyl though!

Thanks for sharing :music:

I dunno if I'd compare any DAC I own to a TT setup, but I really enjoy my PS Audio Superlink II, My EAD ESP 1000 II, my Adcom GDA 600 and my Parasound 1100.

I had an Entech 205.2 that sounded really smooth with one of my systems, and traded it for the Adcom. The adcom was placed in a second system, so I did not compare it fairly to the Entech, but the fella I got it from stated he thought the Adcom was a bit warmer.

If I wanted to get a sound closer to vinyl, I'd probably consider a tubed DAC.

Now, for the purists, I'm just saying that to my ears, tubes and analogue are in my head a closer signature in sound, but will agree that a tube buffer or tube DAC will not "re-create" the record "sound" via CD. It just makes it sound a bit more compatible.

But any quality DAC should push your CD enjoyment up a few notches.

Food for thought- the better TT system I use/hear, the closer it gets to CD's detail and dynamic range, while retaining an analogue smoothness.

The better CD/DAC I use, the closer it gets to the smoothness of vinyl, while retaining CD's detail and dynamic range.

I dunno if I'd compare any DAC I own to a TT setup, but I really enjoy my PS Audio Superlink II, My EAD ESP 1000 II, my Adcom GDA 600 and my Parasound 1100.

You have four DAC's? Why do you need all those? Do you have multiple sources that need outboard decoding?

Back
Top Bottom