What did you score on Record Store Day?

I got Neil Young-Decade. already have a copy from back in the day, but like nearly every other copy of it I've ever seen, mine's pretty beat up. happy to get a new copy!

The Cars - Live at the Agora 1978:

Live_at_the_Agora.jpg

The Cure - Greatest Hits:

The_Cure_Greatest_Hits.jpg

I picked up 2 used ones.

Leo Kottke-Greenhouse. A few good tunes. At normal price, $2.99.

The gem was The Temptations Live. From 1967. Condition 9/10, amazing for a 50 year old record. Recording quality 7/10 with the caveat of the recording technology of the day. Old Man River was real cool. The girls swoon over the bass singer. At normal price, $4.99.

used copy of TWIN-HOUSE GUITAR DUO........LARRY CORYELL & PHILLIP CATHERINE...and 2 new lps.....HEAVY WEATHER ...WEATHER REPORT....I GET CHET....CHET BAKER.

Looks like there was some nice stuff. My brother picked up the Grateful Dead live 1966 album, and it looks like a real find -- great cover art.

The 'bay is already filled with flippers/gougers. For example, the new War on Drugs 12-inch single is going for two to three times its RSD price tag. Ridiculous. However, I did find an online retailer selling it for the normal price.

I picked up a very nice used copy of John Sebastian/The Tarzana Kid. Also, new, I brought home Terence Blanchard/Flow and Sharon Jones And The Dap Kings/100 Days And 100 Nights.

I have to say, the pressing of the Sharon Jones album is atrocious. The lead in & lead out are super noisy on both sides and the center hole was so tight I had to ream it with a drill bit to make it fit. I hope I got a defect because, if this is the norm for their pressings, they have a problem. Such a shame to have great music marred by poor craftsmanship.

Nothing! The demand for records is not such that I have been priced out of the market

Ditto Dave 1701

Really? While there is some very good expensive records, there is far more in the sub $20, and even sub $15 and thats for 12" disc. Lots of $9 and less for 10" & 7"

But if your not buying any new records on an average of $25 and normally can only afford $1.00 GW records, I guess I can see you priced out of the market.

I should clarify my position -- I do in fact regularly purchase new records that average $20 to $25. However, at that price, I have had to cut down on the number of purchases. I saw a lot of "nice" things listed for RSD, but much like the skyrocketing prices of certain double-IPA six-packs these days, I had to wonder if the price was really worth it.

No LP shopping, but my oldest sister visiting from Minnesota took me and my wife out to the Cracker Barrel for lunch, and bought me a Birthday Cake for my upcoming
Birthday. I had planned on attending a RSD event, but family comes first!

Back
Top Bottom