What do you CRANK up ?

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
So, what do you put on when you want it LOUD! I'm not talking about the 1812 so the cannons approach live SPL levels. I'm talking about air guitar sceaming :guitar: , body numbing :yikes:, soul shaking (not to mention house shaking) loud :rockon: . I don't get in these moods as often since my "angry at the world" teenager years, but every now and then it's soul cleansing. I just ran some Joe Satriani "Flying in a blue dream" and "Back to shalla-bal" through my audio lab setups (HK A500 with JBL corner horns, Marantz 2270 with JBL L26's, JBL pusing some JBL mid-horns) all running at the same time and it ROCKED!

The intro to Sorrow - crank it you feel it in your bones! I'm
talking loud baby! It's a good thing it's @1minute 45 secs.
Sheer electrical power with emotion.
Well that's a start.
Carl

Jeff Beck

Either of his latest releases have some sick guitar playing and pounding bass lines that test my little 3wpc SET. Well recorded as well. There's a live track that had me looking out the window to see who was whistling. :scratch2: :screwy: :yes: MikE

Muahaha...

Kenny Loggins "footloose" and the next track.. on the Live from the redwoods cd.

Pink Floyd- Just about all of The Wall. Specially some of the tracks on disc two

Eagles- Take it easy, hole in the world, heatach tonight. and many more.

I dunno. theres a few.

Carl:

Sorrow?

Like Bowie "Sorrow"?

"long blond hair and eyes of blue,
The only thing I ever got from you
was sorrow" ? Great tune.

I've always been fond of blastin' out a couple live cuts, "Crossroads" by Cream and "One Way Out" by The Allman Brothers Band.

"Goin' Down" by Jeff Beck is pretty hot too.

I may be home alone shortly, so..............

Andyman, Nope this one is on topic. Momentary Lapse of Reason,
Pink Floyd. I put most of my 400 watts of McIntosh through my
JBL's. Track 10, as Wardsweb puts it "soul cleansing"
Were talking M.F. ing loud! Not just turned up!

Carl

Lately the only album I play at air guitar screaming volume is 'Ten Years After-Live at the Fillmore east.' I love the sound of the bass guitar. I also like blasting the song 'The Trio" from 'The Good,The Bad,The Ugly' the sound of the trumpets and the plucking of the acoutic guitar has to be played loud to be appreciated.

Have not had a chance to listen to any Joe Satriani on my latest setup yet. Last time though he really rocked!

Thunderkiss 69 - White Zombie

This song will crack the foundation on your house so be careful ;)

B52s..Good Stuff...

uptempo stuff by Jeff Golub..( love his Guitar work...)

Liquid Tension Experiment....

Infectious Grooves..The Plague that makes you move

Larry McCray...( Friend of mine here in saginaw.... Check out some of his stuff...it's available...you wont be disappionted...great electric Blues......)

Static X...(believe it or not!!!)

Just a short list......

On the same page as Reel 2 Reel

Liquid Tension

Infectious Grooves

Stuart Hamm - The Urge (Tommy Lee's drum intro)

Buddy Miles - Them Changes

lol. yeah sorrow is a great song for crankin it... I wonder how the neighbors would like to hear it at 2AM :naughty: i also like learning to fly loud. Oh yea!

Holy Bass lines Batman!
Geespot,
you got some Stu Hamm? Way cool! I got his "Radio Free Albemuth." I had another of his cds, but alas, the ex got it.
Stu Hamm, Jonathan Mover and Joe were doing their sound tests at a local venue a few years back. I kept yelling "STU!" I swear I heard either the band or the roadies laughing!:p:
Then during the concert, Joe and Stu were back to back riffing and there was a pause. I was in like the second row of humanity and I yelled out "STU!" again. I swear Joe smiled!
I never heard "Linus and Lucy" played on the bass guitar until I saw Stu Hamm.:eek:
Way cool!

oops! Try cranking up "baba o'reilly" and "won't get fooled again"
from Who's Next!
That rocks!:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

Last edited:
Yes's Relayer...that instrumental battle scene is the best rock ever created.

Mussorgsky's pics at an ex...The Great gates of Kiev...it actually always makes me tear up...that SOB!

Yes-Rel.jpg

LOUD

Albums:

Litttle Feat - Waiting for Columbus
Jimi - Band of Gypsies
Cream - Live Cream

Toons:

John Mayall - Parchment Farm
Stones - Monkey Man
Merl Saunders/Jerry Garcia - That's all right mama

Natch(stuck in the 60's):yes:

Yup, "Live Cream". Wheels of Fire too.

Street Fighting Man - The Stones

Get off of My Cloud - The Stones

It's All Over Now - The Stones

Gimme Shelter - The Stones

Good Times, Bad Times - Led Zeppelin (the only Zep song I like)

Open My Eyes - Nazz

Hey Mr. Spaceman - The Byrds (live version)

Don't Worry Baby - Los Lobos

Hey Joe - Hendrix

Volunteers - Jefferson Airplane

Apricot Brandy - Rhinoceros

I Can't Turn You Loose - The Chambers Bros.

Alice in Blunderland - Cap't. Beefheart & The Magic Band

The Whole "Clear Spot" Album - Cap't Beefheart & The Magic Band

Jupiter - Gustav Holst

Lot of Zappa stuff.

Toasted Almond

Back
Top Bottom