What Do You Like for Breakfast

And then there's...
Spam sliced thin cooked in iron pan until crispy, then scrambled eggs cooked in butter in iron pan, then HashBrown potatoes cooked in butter in iron pan, and Biscuits and Pioneer Peppered White Gravy !.
Or Just go to Elias Brother's BIG BOY Breakfast Bar Crispy Bacon scrambled eggs with HashBrown potatoes and the Best White Peppered Gravy ( no sausage gravy ) & biscuits !
My wife and I will do this once every 5 weeks or so....
And then sometimes for Dinner

Folger`s 3 cup max & Intense strength(Columbian type) + couple of Winston cigarettes for starter`s @ 63 yrs of age !!

No hard food(solid) breakfast substance in over 35 years(why am I alive & decent heath ? :dunno:
It`s cause I don`t care & don`t have to work any more, especially physical labor, for many, many decades !!

Why ??
It is what it is !!
I do remember tasty breakfast`s in home, and eating out !!

But why overly fatten myself up for calories not burned off during the/my sedate lifestyle day !!

Enjoy folks as you see fit..
Take care, OKB

Today we made whole wheat pancakes with extra multi grain flours like quinoa, oat bran, wheat germ. Some pumpkin puree, pecans, brown sugar, buttermilk. I kinda make up pancakes on the spot, they're never exactly the same. :biggrin:

Folger`s 3 cup max & Intense strength(Columbian type) + couple of Winston cigarettes for starter`s @ 63 yrs of age !!

No hard food(solid) breakfast substance in over 35 years(why am I alive & decent heath ? :dunno:
It`s cause I don`t care & don`t have to work any more, especially physical labor, for many, many decades !!

Why ??
It is what it is !!
I do remember tasty breakfast`s in home, and eating out !!

But why overly fatten myself up for calories not burned off during the/my sedate lifestyle day !!

Enjoy folks as you see fit..
Take care, OKB
Works for me Bill :thumbsup:

"Western" omelette...in the East, "Denver" in the West, along with crispy/well done seasoned hash browns. Good coffee (lots of it), but NOT Starbuck's. :rolleyes: Then add to the fray, thickly cut toast soaked in REAL salted butter.

For me, can't get much better!:)

Q

I'm not big on breakfast. When I do have breakfast I like something basic. One of my favorite breakfast items is toast, or an English muffin with this:

mm blue-ginger jam.jpg

Mother's Mountain Wild Blueberry Ginger Jam. This is an adult jam! The ginger cuts the sweetness giving the jam just a hint of spice. It also makes a nice glaze for pork or chicken.

-Dave

Normally don't eat when I wake up, but today I was quite hungry. My schedule is all messed up, due to the severe stress around here, so I made a simple, but light breakfast: eggs (from the girls out back) scrambled in olive oil (a trick for particularly light and tasty curds), cottage fries (with skins on) pan-fried in butter and olive oil with sea salt and black pepper, beef bacon (Brother and Sister brand) done in the convection oven. This was washed down with some fresh iced coffee.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
My favorite breakfast is simple. Hashbrown potatoes(shredded), 2 eggs over-easy, bacon, rye toast.
I put the eggs on the hashbrowns, a little salt & pepper & tabasco, use the yolk as a kind of gravy... and use the toast to wipe the plate clean.

Last edited:
Second post. The best thing for breakfast is peace and quiet. I really enjoy a bagel and a cup of Ethiopian coffee in the quiet of the morning. Then off to the rat race where the rats are winning.

Down hereabouts, it's Tabasco on eggs. Smells like potting soil, vinegar, and capsasin from across the room. My pref is a dash of sea salt and a pass of fresh ground black pepper.

1/2 the time I do the same, just sea salt and pepper. Use Tabasco too. I was so addicted to that stuff years gone by, I would hit the bottle directly. It has a nice sweetness to me...

All these are makin' me hongry!!!
I've moved on to a blend of 'super fast' + 'slow bacon' when I do get around to it.
Cook the bacon very slowly, over a coupla hours - mmmm, crunchy.
But then, I simply 'do' frozen whole wheat waffles (micw'd then toasted) layered with plain greek yogurt and fresh fruit...and some syrup to top it off. Fast, really yummy, and almost healthy. And almost No Muss No Fuss.
Looking forward to my beef suppliers bacon n' brats, coming in next week I hope.
https://www.highlandspringfarm.com/

Back
Top Bottom