What Do You Like for Breakfast

When the coffee is percolating I have a toasted piece of Dave's seedy bread with a over easy brown free range egg with alittle parmesan cheese. Sometimes with riced cauliflower sautéed with green and red bell peppers and red onion . Then about 2 hours later a bowl of steel cut oats with blueberries ,chia seeds, toasted walnuts, raisins , dried cranberries.

Still liking an egg sandwich, cut in "Bat Wing" fashion by mom....
5dzgrdVat-6Nvpqu4Pgr8vRHl7pz6d-cHeRt4LrSINSy8ibccRpBlR_laPHFzO0mLqynNtIEv-HmyC2FOct8JDBRtrM1Q-ZjI95ZDAZuLjw2yokAteSfOGHCzhsFknljE8txyZ0uSwU=w2400

Oatmeal with nonfat Greek yogurt, flax seeds, Costco Optifiber and blueberries, two California Mission figs, one cup of coffee, small handful of almonds, banana. Sometimes pomegranate, orange or blueberry juice, as well.

Coffee, cream.
Maybe a second cup.
Not hungry when I first wake up. Got to work in to it.
But when ready, old favorite, eggs scrambled bacon strips crispy hash browns with onions toast sorta thing.

What do I like for breakfast? Two fried eggs with ham and cheese on a toasted buttered onion roll. A perfect Breakfast Special.

What did I just have? Non-fat Greek yogurt with Hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts and dried plums, 5 days a week. Sometimes swap in Chia seeds or sliced almonds, etc. Dried plums or Prunes have the lowest sugar content of any dried fruit I can find, MD wants to limit me to 25 grams of sugar per day, that's less than a can of Coke.

Coffee and a cigarette.

I love breakfast foods, but not in the morning. I don't get hungry until I've been up for a few hours, so most days lunch is my first meal of the day.

For you pancake eaters. Carbon pancake mix is the best I've found. I also love me a good buckwheat pancake.

Original recipe All Bran Muffins loaded with butter and smothered in syrup.
Thick cut bacon. You can get to a nice caramelized brown and still have some chew.
Hot breakfast sausage
Biscuits and gravy. Lots of fresh pepper or red pepper flakes.
Fried potatoes of pretty much any style
Grits
Corn Meal Mush with molasses, my wife loved it never had till I cooked it for her.
Cream of wheat
Oatmeal
Home made oat bread toast with butter and right now red raspberry with the seeds.
Scrambled eggs only if I have toast jelly to put them on. Never have liked eggs.
Cold fried chicken.

Actually the list could go on and on and on.

TODAY IS NATIONAL CEREAL DAY!

I had Raisin Bran with frozen blueberries. We do pick-your-own and put ziploks of them in the freezer. Fish out a cupful, rinse to partially thaw, and straight into the bowl. Good fruit helps you get through the winter.

I've posted in this thread before, but I'm sure the menu has changed.
I eat breakfast out every morning. Can't stand to cook at that hour, but can definitely eat.

These days it's either:
1. A large bowl of Gumbo with a hunk of cornbread.

2. Huevos Motulenos, which is two eggs on a bed of black beans covered with a Chipotle sauce. Comes with fried sweet ripe plantains [Maduros] and red corn tortillas.

3. Two egg, potato, cheese, avocado tacos and one taco al pastor [pork] on handmade corn tortillas. This place makes a fine version of the creamy jalapeno based salsa ubiquitous in this part of the world, but also a roasted tomato/chile arbol salsa which is very hard to pass up. Either of which will open up your nose nicely.

I've posted in this thread before, but I'm sure the menu has changed.
I eat breakfast out every morning. Can't stand to cook at that hour, but can definitely eat.

These days it's either:
1. A large bowl of Gumbo with a hunk of cornbread.

2. Huevos Motulenos, which is two eggs on a bed of black beans covered with a Chipotle sauce. Comes with fried sweet ripe plantains [Maduros] and red corn tortillas.

3. Two egg, potato, cheese, avocado tacos and one taco al pastor [pork] on handmade corn tortillas. This place makes a fine version of the creamy jalapeno based salsa ubiquitous in this part of the world, but also a roasted tomato/chile arbol salsa which is very hard to pass up. Either of which will open up your nose nicely.
Breakfast of Champions :thumbsup:

I wrote down so much good stuff yesterday I made myself hungry. Made hot sausage, biscuits and spicy gravy. Thanks sausage. Rounded out with grits. MMMMM Delicious. There was some pepper flakes in there too.

Back
Top Bottom