what does "AK" mean

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Ωωεη G, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinylRob

VinylRob Vinylphile

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

are we a place where someones audio dogma shouldn't trample our Audio Karma?!

Happy Listening! :beatnik:
  2. onemug

onemug AK Subscriber Subscriber

"Dogma is the established belief or doctrine held by a religion, or a particular group or organization.[1] It is authoritative and not to be disputed, doubted, or diverged from, by the practitioners or believers." (from wikipedia)

That sort of describes some of the peeps at other audio websites, especially the "not to be disputed, doubted, or diverged from" part, as in: "This is the way xyz is and if you don't agree with me you are a weenie".

I applaud our Administrator and Moderators for keeping things in line here.
  3. Negotiableterms

Negotiableterms Administrator Staff Member Admin

See? There really is a first time for everything! :D
  4. TerryO

TerryO New Member

Here's another take on "Dogma" which offers a bit more of an informed opinion than Wikipedia:

Best Regards,
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  5. stereofanboy

stereofanboy Member

Thinking Out Loud is somewhat of a misnomer that can suck you in if you don't read the rules. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97523

Actually, I think that a forum with a name like Thinking Out Loud should be the perfect place for questions like that of the OP.

AK stands for AudioKarma.
  6. 45rpm

45rpm Cassette Nut

Not very hard, clearly.
  7. cubdog

cubdog banging through drywall Subscriber

Owen has been MIA for 16 days. I hope he is spending his time wisely. We need more deep thinkers like the G man.

8. diamondsouled

diamondsouled Recycle belly button lint! Subscriber

Mmmmmm. And I thought AK stood for Awful Kibbles. :D
  9. bluesky

bluesky Member

AK: All Kewl
  10. rnorton

rnorton Member

The correct transliteration from Russian is Kalashnikov. In this context, AK stands for Avtomat Kalashnikova or Kalishnikov's Automatic. His first name is Mikhail, not Aleksander.

The AK-47 is, without a doubt, the most dependable firearm ever made. The Russian military replaced it with the AK-74 in 1974.
  11. JesusChrysler

JesusChrysler ...drives a Dodge ; )

12. Negotiableterms

Negotiableterms Administrator Staff Member Admin

I think this question has been more than answered...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.