What genres of music do you listen to - please read post first!

What are your favorite genres of music?

• Classical

Votes: 196 34.5%
  • Country

Votes: 86 15.1%
  • Dance/Alternative

Votes: 67 11.8%
  • Jazz/Swing

Votes: 260 45.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 24 4.2%
  • Pop

Votes: 116 20.4%
  • Rap

Votes: 32 5.6%
  • Rock

Votes: 434 76.4%
  • Techno/Rave

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Blues

Votes: 241 42.4%
  • Folk

Votes: 119 21.0%
  • Reggae

Votes: 55 9.7%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 104 18.3%

• Total voters
My collection is basically duplicates of what Tozer buys.(Toze is a cd buying genius)I like roots music,mostly acoustic. The rraspier the singers voice the better.I do like female jazz vocals lately.

I think of myself as a completist,all of Tom Waits,all of Dylan,neil Young.It is the equivalent of collecting vintage gear,I guess.

opt80 said:
The rraspier the singers voice the better.
In that case, you have to at least hear Rob Dougan. May not be yours or toze's cuppa, but worth at least hearing. Just do a google, I'm sure you'll find something.

80's music
Seems I stuck in the 80's
Rock first, then let the chips fall as they mite as long as it's the 80's BABY!
:banana: :beer: :smoke:
:butt1::butt1::butt1:
:drunk::music:

:grnbounce:yippy::grnbounce

Wooo Woooooo!:lmao:
Rick:screwy:
:D :D

I listen to mostly classic rock--the eagles, dire straits, reo speedwagon, jethro tull, bruce springsteen, styx, etc.

I really like Christmas music--so voted one in the "other" category.

And I like rap at parties.

Heavy Metal for my "other" choice, but mostly Jazz and Rock at this point with some classical occasionally.

My collection includes almost everything except for Bluegrass and Gospel. Both of those types of music make me want to cut my ears off and run away.:D

Well, I vote for Opera as I sit here and listen to Johnny Winter do the thing on his metal body acoustic guitar. But when you really think about it, it all comes back to Opera:music:

I listen mostly to Jazz. I grew up on Motown and R&B, and as I matured, I drifted to jazz. Let me clarify. There are many forms of jazz, I am a mainstream jazz kind of guy. No smooth, no Kenny G, no avante garde stuff, I listen to small combo stuff from the late fifties to present. As all of you probably already know ,stereo started to rear it's head around 1957, so I am more into after 1957 jazz because of the sound. (Some mono jazz is great though, check out Sonny Rollins' "Saxaphone Colossus")

The musicianship of many of the jazz artists is incredible. No drum machines, no overlays, or studio tricks, just straight music.

I have listened to rock, (in college) and I can do classical every now and then, I still listen to my R&B, but mainstream jazz is my deal.

Jazz--primarily 'bop, though I have lots of different styles

Rock/pop--I have something of an 'eclectic taste' in music. Everything from the Velvet Underground to fleetwood Mac to CSNY.

And my 'other' selection -- Indie/alternative rock.

I listen to quite a bit of bluegrass. It's what modern country should be, seeing as modern country is just pretty face pop music with a twang. Bluegrass has great instrumentals and some nice harmonies

I voted in for Rock, Alternative, and Classical.

Truth is I listen to New wave and Retro rock mostly. Glad to see that Rock is the majority on AK. I used to enjoy some rap, but realized just how silly it is. Reggae is cool stuff, but not enough for me to vote in on it

Classical, Jazz/Swing, Rock, Blues
Other would be things like the majority of the Windham Hills catalog, Beaver & Krause, Acoustic Alchemy, Celtic music, etc.

Back
Top Bottom