What Goodies Are Hiding in Your Closet, Begging to Be Used?

Honestly , it's a shame .

I have a love for the KG4s and the KG2s. The 2s in Oak were my 1st real set of good quality speakers. The set I got was mint as could be. Have owned a few sets. Some of Klipsch best!

Just let go of some Genesis 2s last week to a fellow AK member in my area. Great sounding set!

I have a love for the KG4s and the KG2s. The 2s in Oak were my 1st real set of good quality speakers. The set I got was mint as could be. Have owned a few sets. Some of Klipsch best!

Just let go of some Genesis 2s last week to a fellow AK member in my area. Great sounding set!
I had Genesis 210's that I traded for Genesis 44's that I traded for the Klipsch KG4's . Those were all transactions for new speakers back in the day . . The 210's I have now were an Ebay purchase with new parts bought from Humanspeakers to make them sing again .

You had me at Michell Gyro SE...
Michell Gyro SE, Technoarm, Sumiko Blackbird
SOTA Star Sapphire
Michell Focus One, SME 3009 arm
SL-1200 Mk II, Sumiko EVO III
SME 309 arm
2 SOTA Phono Head Amps
Coph Nia Phono stage
McIntosh MC2300
McIntosh MR7083
Sansui CAF1 Preamp & BAF1 Power amp
Sansui AU717
IMF RSPM Mk. IV
Velodyne FSR-18
ADS 1230
Martin Logan Sequel
JBL 250Ti <sold waiting to be picked up

And much more that really isn't a big deal

I had Genesis 210's that I traded for Genesis 44's that I traded for the Klipsch KG4's . Those were all transactions for new speakers back in the day . . The 210's I have now were an Ebay purchase with new parts bought from Humanspeakers to make them sing again .

I scored an early set of the original 2s for free a few months back, in real wood veneer. I reformed them and cleaned them up a little and passs them along in BT last week. 75 bucks or trade for LP lol yea they went fast. Human had replacement drivers, but the originals were of good quality. Sounded great, but they were taking up to much room in my closet... :) love to work on audio gear. :)

IMG_3822.JPG

This JVC Class D - a good sounding audio video receiver which I can't find a spot for it. Lovely simplistic design but for whatever reason the mainstream chip amp AVR's never seemed to catch on. Perhaps they didn't weight enough?

41CPPTFWWBL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Setton 440. One of the prettiest receivers ever made (in my opinion) and it sounds great, but it just doesn't sound better than the setups I have up and running in the places where I'm able to put systems...

Sansui 6060
Nakamichi SR-2A
DCM-TF350s
Polk Monitor 30s
Wharfedale W70Ds
Jensen Model 1s
Denon DVD-2500
Zenith 49-1045s
DBX-224
Realistic Lab 400

Isn’t that what everyone’s listening space looks like? Seriously nice space, so organized and everything is handy. Looks like swapping out components would be fun, well done.

I'm talking audio here, people. By "closet," I mean any place in your home where unused equipment is just waiting to be put back in action. We moved into our present home here in 2008. For almost 10 years, I had a superior pair of restored AR9s (the big ones) sitting, boxed, in my heated/AC'd basement. Every time I went down there and saw them, I would hear them calling out, "Plug us in! Plug us in!"

I also had a pair of mint ADS L1530s functioning purely as decorative furniture, unconnected, in the corners of our TV room for many years. They were a bequest and I never got around to using them ...

... until this past October, when the bug bit me bad and my wife and I, at great physical strain to my back, dragged both the AR9s and the L1530s up to the master bedroom suite, which has become my office/music room. I moved the bedroom down the hall. I'm happy to say that all is well with them (but not my back) as I blast away while I work.

So, how about you? What great equipment do you have stashed away that's just aching to get back in your rotation?

Check that closet or basement. You may surprised what you find.

Dave
Let me get this straight. You moved out of your master bedroom so you could turn it into a listening room and office? Your wife went along with that?

Let me get this straight. You moved out of your master bedroom so you could turn it into a listening room and office? Your wife went along with that?

She's the one who suggested it. We sleep in separate bedrooms and I had the master suite. She has the guest suite. After 49 years of marriage, why ruin each other's sleep with bathroom runs while sleeping together? :dunno: I moved my bedroom down the hall to one of the smaller guest bedrooms, which I happen to like better than the master (for sleeping). Once I got my big bed outta the master, my listening pleasure took a flying leap for the better due to all the room to accommodate my equipment. :beerchug:

Dave

I have a pair of Model Sixes in a closet. The woofers are now Pioneer BoFu full rangers and the tweeters are B&G planars. I just don't have much use for monkey coffins anymore. :biggrin:

yr8qetu3nmtdb1egoa6p.jpg

That reminds me I have a Little Bear P3 and a Sure 50x50w class D combo that I’ll be pulling out to run some Fostex fullrangers when I get home. Funny I just thought about this given the previous poster, Poultygeist, started a build thread on here a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom