What got you into Klipsch?

A pair of Heresey's that I got for $40 got me started.Then did crites updates to them and now own a pair of Cornwalls also that I paid up for simply because I love the way they sound.

Years ago on this site - I kept hearing Heresys and Cornwalls being mentioned and found some Cornwalls on Craigslist. Picked them up - refinished them - and have been happy every since. So I blame AK.
index.php

I've had a few pair of Klipsches (heresys, chorus and kg's) come and go over the years but so far my khorns are the only pair of Klipsch I've liked enough to hold onto. No they're not the best sounding pair of speakers I own but their efficiency does make them fun to play around with tubes and other low powered amps. Their other saving grace is they're beautiful looking unique pieces of furniture and easily my nicest looking pair of speakers.

The same thing that gets me into any Vintage Brand. Finding them on sale locally at a good price. KG-5.2's that I use when I'm home alone and want to play stuff loud, and some tall skinny towers (KG-3.x) that are main speakers for my TV setup (adequate WAF). Love the efficiency. I have a Pioneer sx-535 (20w/channel) that has no problems with the KG-5.2's

Last edited:
Don't laugh, but I was introduced to Klipsch with their first PC speakers, the ProMedia v.2-400 back in 1998. Back then I was a young avid PC gamer and the v.2-400 was among the best. Other than that, I never owned a pair of Klipsch until yesterday with a "new" pair of KG 4.

Don't laugh, but I was introduced to Klipsch with their first PC speakers, the ProMedia v.2-400 back in 1998. Back then I was a young avid PC gamer and the v.2-400 was among the best. Other than that, I never owned a pair of Klipsch until yesterday with a "new" pair of KG 4.

That was a sizable leap you made. Gotta start somewhere.

my very first Klipsch experience was a pair of Belle when I was a teen. My second experience was decades later they were a set of KLF20 which I took in partial trade (I did not keep them for very long though) for some interconnects and then some time later I listened to a set of RF3 on a very expensive British EL34 SET amp (which cost about 10K) and I was astounded at how good the RF3 sounded in that set up (the rest of the system was equally as good as the amp). Not long after this last experience I got into my own Klipsch and quickly started to collect parts and to modify. Three sets of KLF20 a p[air of Forte and a pair of Forte ll some RB speakers a set of Heresy two sets of Heresy 3 a set of CF3 a whole pile of EV horns and drivers and Peavey horns (CH1 and FH1) and drivers more horns more drivers. I am probably leaving out some speakers but you get the idea. Now all the horns have given way to Karlson K-Tubes which I much prefer though I still have a few speakers with horns.

What got me into Klipsch? That's easy, the first time I heard a pair of Heresys, I was sold. I now have 9 pairs of the various lines and think they represent one of the greatest bangs for the buck in audio.

Heresys also sound surprising good running just a single-ender with KT88 power tubes. It's like having a pair of baby La Scalas. Run side by side with the bigger boxes, the sound is intoxicating.

I got the audio bug from my first real system a Kenwood KR-4070, Sharp RT3388 computer-controlled cassette and a pair of bull-nose Advents. I started going to audio stores and checking out other gear. I heard the Kg4s and was amazed at how well-balanced they sounded. I purchased my first pair in 1985. In 1989 Yamaha came out with their DSR-100 Pro surround sound processor. I added it to my Yamaha R-9 receiver, along with a Yamaha MX-35, another pair of Kg4s and a Kg2 to build a Pro-Logic surround system. I then added first a Yamaha Laserdisc player, then later a Pioneer dual-drawer player. That was the beginning of my decades-long trip down the rabbit hole.

About 19 years ago I went over to a friends house who I had worked with to hear his amazing system that everyone at work talked about. He had a pair of Epic CF-2’s powered by some Adcom gear. I was immediately blown away by the stellar loud sound and clarity that I had never experienced in any home stereo before, (I was into car audio at the time so I was a bass head) But thats when the bug bit me hard, it wasn’t until two years later I was able to purchase my first Klipsch speakers, brandnew RF-3’s and RC-3 powered by a yammy receiver. The addiction started from there. Next followed KLF-20’s, 30’s C-7, CF-4 ver.1, Forte 1 RB-75’s, F-2’s, KG-3.5’s,CF-2’s (bought the actual pair I first experienced from my friend) and finally my RF-7’s RC-7 RS-7’s sytem. I found I really enjoy the RF-7 system the most at this point. Im sure the addiction hasn’t stopped as I would love to get into some RF-7 iii’s and Chorus ii’s in the future. I found that Klipsch and McIntosh pair very well and is my favorite combo especially the RF-7 system. Great thread!

I Picked up a set of Heresys of local CList for a good price. Didn't care for them much at all oter than with some acoustical offerings and vocals. And tat was with tubes. Added a sub woofer and things got much better, but not really my cup of tea. Sold em and made a little profit.
Recently acquired LaScalas that I am going to try out. They are too big so they will eventually go once I am working on them. Crossovers are done.
I think I respect them more than I enjoy them.

I bought a Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 system for college...and I really loved them...and so did my roommate....
I got in trouble so many times though with them xD

I then purchased a pair of Klipsch R15M AND a R25C Speakers and eventually a Quintet 5.0 System [it was on clearance so I got the Quintet set for $200 at Best Buy]
I'm actually using my R15M right now =P
I did have a pair of Klipsch KG1.5 Bookshelfs at one point...and gave them up to get the R15M

When I was seventeen I went into an audio store into a room with Klipschorns. I knew about Klipschorns, so I asked a salesman to play some music through them and I quickly knew I’d have to own some someday which I do. I also own Chorus II and owned Forte II which I sold to my good friend. I especially enjoy speakers that can reproduce live dynamics although I enjoy all speakers.

Back
Top Bottom