what happened to the new revox?

It's hard to know...they have certainly gone quiet about it, but I've heard other things indicating it's still coming. I guess we shall see.

Not sure what the connection is with Revox - but it certainly looks like a serious machine and admittedly might have borrowed a few Studer design concepts.

It would take a lot of investment to develop a tape recorder from the ground up, right now. Many of the original design engineers will now be dead and the industry just isn't geared up for it.

Same with their turntable - I don't know the price, but look at the new '1200 and what that costs. Unaffordable to most.

Not sure what the connection is with Revox - but it certainly looks like a serious machine and admittedly might have borrowed a few Studer design concepts.

It would take a lot of investment to develop a tape recorder from the ground up, right now. Many of the original design engineers will now be dead and the industry just isn't geared up for it.

Same with their turntable - I don't know the price, but look at the new '1200 and what that costs. Unaffordable to most.

i wasn't making a connection with revox and the new deck in the link,
only that the link reminded me of what horch house and revox had sort of announced to the world last year and the lack of info since.
sorry for any confusion

jay

It looks like after the press releases and CAD images, there's silence. It is understandably a huge undertaking and once you start something like that you discover all sorts of snags. Let's hope there's the will and the cash needed to overcome all obstacles and that they soon have something promising to announce.

Back
Top Bottom