What I learned on Craigslist

I learned that one can list a Pioneer Receiver/amp, give the model number, era (1990's), and detailed pictures of it from the front and back, and someone will contact you and offer 75% percent of what you are asking. OK, I built in wiggle room for this purpose in the price and I'm still way ahead, so no big deal. Then said person can show up and tell you upon seeing it that "Oh, it doesn't have any HDMI inputs? I need at least four. Yeah, forget it." Never mind the fact that HDMI didn't even EXIST in the 1990's!

Oh? Then it's safe to drive at some speed, I take it?
I had a buddy that had 2 corvairs..both had a big block behind the seats, seats and motor seperated by a blast shield..lol
I think he was using a Toranado tranny/transaxle..never saw then go but I bet it was an exciting drive.

I learned that it's not worth the effort to even try to sell nicer gear on CL. The only responses you will get are really bad obvious scams.

Just put it up on BT. Then wait a month for it not to sell because it's not a bargain price silver face receiver and list it on Audiogon, where it will sell in two hours. ;)

Well, why do you think we are all on this forum? It is because the majority of us are cheap and would rather score the same item for a fraction at a thrift or CL! :)

The people on Audiogon tend to have more funds. Of course there are exceptions to that here on AK, but the majority of us want to get something at minimum cost.

There is in fact practically no overlap--hardly any 'vintage' on Audiogon, practically nothing 'modern' here, especially modern more expensive than a Macintosh....

I have mentioned before,
I'm a audio equipment bottom feeder but once in awhile a good piece falls to the bottom! ;-)"

Well, why do you think we are all on this forum? It is because the majority of us are cheap and would rather score the same item for a fraction at a thrift or CL! :)

The people on Audiogon tend to have more funds. Of course there are exceptions to that here on AK, but the majority of us want to get something at minimum cost.

Many of the most vocal members, sure. The majority? I doubt it.

There is in fact practically no overlap--hardly any 'vintage' on Audiogon, practically nothing 'modern' here, especially modern more expensive than a Macintosh....

That's just not true. There is plenty of nicer modern stuff discussed here. It just doesn't sell on BT.

Check out this thread:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/do-you-think-ak-is-about-vintage-or-cheap.161400/

I've learned that if you have to sundow, the car stereo is history!

i have to sundow sa 15s like brand new with a hifonics zuse 3200.1d amp with bass knob and i have 3 600w batteries with it as well with all 0gage wire and pioneer tuch screen radio still have the box to it the box with the subs is brand new as well tuned to 32hz payed 300 for just box alone have any questions call or text any time at
askin 800 have over 1000 in all of it

A few things:
1. Vape gear is an electronic.
2. Car stereo guys think that "amps" and "subs" are only applicable to cars.
3. The merican education sistem is failin us.
4. People don't really look at their photos that they post because if they did they would think of themselves as idiots.
5. Some of the best opportunities don't have a way to contact the seller.
6. Responses to questions are usually as dumb as the original post.

A few things:
1. Vape gear is an electronic.
2. Car stereo guys think that "amps" and "subs" are only applicable to cars.
3. The merican education sistem is failin us.
4. People don't really look at their photos that they post because if they did they would think of themselves as idiots.
5. Some of the best opportunities don't have a way to contact the seller.
6. Responses to questions are usually as dumb as the original post.

Sheeesh, you'd think anyone who can spell merican could spell edjucation....

The only thing missing is the word "Vintage". Oh the amazing stuff we find in the MA Craigslist "Electronics" section.

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 9.17.10 AM.png

Last edited:
I was actually on the hunt for a 20" monitor like that for a long time but I was thinking more like $20.

Maybe that one is using V-Caps and pure silver Wiring internally? The yellow staining and 25years of finger print dirt wasn't cleaned so that folks could appreciate the natural beige PC era Patina. :)

Back
Top Bottom