What I learned on Craigslist

I learned that asking if a seller would sell his stands separate from his speakers invited him to ask what sort of system I was running, then subsequently shit on my gear and praise his own Genelec 8050A active speakers...People are weird.

View attachment 1140872

My guess is that he was trying to convince you to buy both the speakers and the stands by saying his speakers would destroy your speakers. This was probably in the hopes that he would not have to split the speakers and the stands.

He could have just said he didn't want to split them up, thank you. Does he really think insulting a stranger's (and prospective customer's) stereo is going to make them buy his speakers? If so, he is a bit nutty. :crazy:

The guy also followed up that email by saying:

"Good luck with the thin sound of the KEF / Accuphase combo. I have known the Accuphase sound since 1990. There’s a very good reason why that brand never took off in North America. You could pretty much sell anything in Asia."

Good reason Accuphase never took off in North America lol

EVERYBODY knows that a STERIO will CRUSH a stereo ANY DAY and TWICE on Sunday!!!!!!

I used to wonder about people like this...used to.

Haha. At a yard sale last year I asked if they had any records.. She said she did and went in to get them. Then she says, yeah the Goodwill down the street lets me go through their dumpster.. Similar selection to what I posted above.

Making this the first pic does not actually bring people beating a path to your door for those valuable LPs. :rflmao:

00w0w_dlwAVJ6XoNY_600x450.jpg

Who the heck is "Funk and Wagnalls"? Is that an audio dictionary I just didn't know about? :dunno:

Who the heck is "Funk and Wagnalls"? Is that an audio dictionary I just didn't know about?
They seem to be a series of classical music records that are in nearly every thrift store around here. Never actually the whole series at one time though, of course.:rolleyes: Possibly for educational use? I never paid them that much attention.

Making this the first pic does not actually bring people beating a path to your door for those valuable LPs. :rflmao:

00w0w_dlwAVJ6XoNY_600x450.jpg

Who the heck is "Funk and Wagnalls"? Is that an audio dictionary I just didn't know about? :dunno:

From the ad: "All Genres- Oldies, Jazz, Country, Classical, Blues, Orchestras, Instrumentals, Swing, Crooner's, Opera, Musicals, Sound Tracks, Christmas, TV Shows, some Sets and old balls."

Perhaps the old balls put the Funk in Funk and Wagnalls.

ATTENTION ALERT WARNING !!!!
If in Cincinnati and play your Xbox to much......

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/d/iso-hitman/6539136091.html

""Iso.... hitman

condition: new

Please read carefully!

I'm currently looking for a hitman! Someone to take out this thing called Xbox!

My fiance has been cheating on me with this thing he calls Xbox for some time now, I'm not sure what this thing is! He's always yelling at it and never listens to anything I say.

I ask him who this thing is and why he is letting it take over him but I seem to never get a reply.

The best time to attack would be once he finally falls asleep around 5 a.m. or so. But I need this person to be extra quiet, and you must clean up the mess after, I want no signs of evidence! And do not forget the thing that vibrates while he's playing with it either! I need this to be as stealthy as possible.

Please email me telling me why you'd be the best person for this job! Thank you!""

Barney

"Set of 4 15" tower speakers with tweeters so big you can put your fist in it. If you want to jam out and be the baddest mofo on the block or have a killer window rattling party so loud your ears bleed and that douch bag at the other end of the block can feel the sheer awesomeness of your music. These are the speakers for you."
00404_bo9JpK9FV12_600x450.jpg

Today I learned that being able to fit your fist in the tweeter horn is a sign of quality.

Read 'douch' to rhyme with 'couch.' Also assume that the douch bag can't spell either.

"Hey douch bag, what do you think of me now?" [turns volume to 11]

"I think I'm going to knock your block off, you ditchhead!"

Free boats anyone?

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/zip/d/white-sail-boat/6539024108.html

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/zip/d/boat/6539020909.html

Between the $1500 record collection, free boats, dirty toilets, items that are overpriced by at least 2x, the "free lumber" which turns out to be yard trees that need to be cut down, I'm thinking the people of Kalamazoo have gone nuts!!

Wow there's a couple of beauts. Any bets on whether they're seaworthy; my bet is no.

Hammond Organ For Sale - $3000

Like new Hammond Organ for sale. Buyer must pick up.

That's it. No model number, not even a crappy pic. Asking 3 big ones and won't give you any idea what it is unless you ask.
Is this a test? If you can deadlift this Hammond Organ I'll sell it to you for 3 large?

They seem to be a series of classical music records that are in nearly every thrift store around here. Never actually the whole series at one time though, of course.:rolleyes: Possibly for educational use? I never paid them that much attention.
They were sold cheap, with cheapest production and no quality control at all. Most of the disks are defective, in my experience.

I learned that speakers are not meant to look at.....

Pioneer HPM 150 speakers
yeah, the one with the cool tweeters

ready to have the cast basket woofers refoamed, your choice as to DIY or xxxx

While in their current as found sh*tty looking condition, ugly is only skin deep.
But then, speakers are meant to listen to, not to look at.

Looking for a serious purchaser. No snowflakes or Big Talkers. Not for the faint of heart.

Getting ready to move, so price drops every week until we get a buyer

was $1600
Now $1000/pair
BuyItNow Cash Price

Back
Top Bottom