What I learned on Craigslist

That is a new one to me! Wow. Hacking into your Google account via phone.. Unbelievable.

It is a pretty slick scam. I can see a lot of people falling for it. I am a naturally suspicious and skeptical person. I just assume everyone is out to take advantage of me. Any deviations from the script set off my alarm bells.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ele/d/infinity-sm-155-studio/6609158312.html

For posterity - No affiliation

INFINITY SM 155 STUDIO MONITORS - $269 (A PAIR OF BEAUTYS REDUCED !)
00m0m_gIYi1AJDz5k_600x450.jpg

make / manufacturer: INFINITY
model name / number: SM155
size / dimensions: LARGE

GREAT SPEAKERS VERY EFFICIENT. THESE ARE ROCK BOXES ROYAL. WILL HANDEL 300 WATTS. .CALL LES AT

Here's another "upgraded" pair of speakers which have worked "fantastic" for over 10 years.

Notice the expert workmanship to "carve" out the tweeters, add sufficient ventilation for bass reflex, stripped screw heads for securing drivers, Apple branding ... and best of all - versatility as they can be used at home or in the car.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/4ohm-speakers/6615376994.html

00E0E_5pb7yF1lVy2_1200x900.jpg 00o0o_lB0lm0R9hWs_1200x900.jpg 00P0P_hqp32TAqOFC_1200x900.jpg 01414_gevIW8DT8I9_1200x900.jpg

PS No Affiliation (thank God!)

^^ Holy moly! Those are the most intense franken-speakers I have ever seen. I have never seen a 3-way WITHIN a 3-way. Now that's cutting edge stuff!

I need to post the ad copy for posterity:

Pair of speakers, each housing includes 2 ribbon tweeters, 1 3-way midrange and 1 12" subwoofer.

The original drivers were ruined by a drunk idiot, so years ago I replaced the drivers with 4ohm (vehicle) drivers. They have worked fantastic for over 10 years, but I have decided to put speakers in the ceiling of my home theater so these need to find a new home.

Can be driven by any 4 or 8 ohm receiver. You can even put them in your car!

I wonder if the seller did anything with the crossover...not to suggest I'm actually interested in these monstrosities in any way. It's more like looking at Frankenstein's monster and being curious whether it has a liver and who it might have been collected from.

No counterweight! That's the other thing not on there... wasn't sure when I posted this. The ad is still out there so must not be too many bites on it :0
That table is worth $5 to remove the arm and use it for a DIY RCM. The DD motor does have some torque. It has no other practical purpose and isn't really a good table even in mint condition.

Reminds me of a lady at work who has a background on her emails that make it impossible to read the fancy script purple font she uses. :rolleyes: Don't let her see those bunnies, she'll want to use that!

Here's another "upgraded" pair of speakers which have worked "fantastic" for over 10 years.

Notice the expert workmanship to "carve" out the tweeters, add sufficient ventilation for bass reflex, stripped screw heads for securing drivers, Apple branding ... and best of all - versatility as they can be used at home or in the car.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/4ohm-speakers/6615376994.html

View attachment 1215453 View attachment 1215454 View attachment 1215455 View attachment 1215456

PS No Affiliation (thank God!)
VR3 used to be the BOTL speakers that they sold at Walmart. They actually weren't terrible replacements for an old beater car. But what they did there, uhh... what a mess.:no:

Back
Top Bottom