What is the point of SACD?

I have a Esoteric DV-50 is a multiple format digital disc player:CD,SACD, DVD-V, DVD-A and Mini Disc. I have maybe 40 Dual Layer SACD's, (PCM&SACD) a few SACD's only and maybe 3 DVD-A's. Which was better, well most of the time the SACD was better but I've got some CD that are slightly better sounding. I don't use the spinner often. I ripped the dual layer SACD's to my server. XRCD's always sounded better to me but at 40 bucks a pop, not happening.

I can usually hear the difference between Redbook CD's and SACD's. But sometimes it can be subtle.

A less subtile difference for me occurs when listening to 24 bit/192 kHz content streamed to a decent DAC.

Yeah, I would like to be able to rip my SACDs too. I have some great jazz albums without a CD layer so you can only play them in the SACD player.

Unfortunately, because of the way the law is written, you can't rip SACDs, though, because that would entail circumventing a copy protection mechanism.

That's one reason I spruced up my SACD player, you need it for some records.
I've recorded a few SACDs. Using an adapter RCA to mini I record the disc

I have a RCA to mini adapter and plug in to the Mic input of my Mini Mac. I recorded a few standard SACD, the process reminds me of recording with a R2R and cassette only no tape hiss. The recording are backup's, if my Multiple Format Digital Player decides to check out.

Back
Top Bottom