What Is the Significance of Your Avatar?

Mine might be self-explanatory? A little innocent :D fun in Photoshop. I'm thinking this should look good on a t-shirt at the next couple of audio shows I attend.

upload_2019-1-16_21-3-4.png

This was in a storefront I took a photo of last year while I was on Pearl Street in Boulder CO. Because I like colors.

upload_2019-1-16_21-5-5.png

I use Gravatar to host them, so I can regularly switch avatars in multiple places without having to upload anything.

It's my Audio Technica VM540ML cartridge that I'm using at the present time. :music:
I used to have my ART7 on blue vinyl...

upload_2019-1-16_23-38-0.png

...and XX2 on pink or red vinyl, I forget which...

upload_2019-1-16_23-38-35.png

The pink would have been the Record Store Day release of the Pink Panther movie soundtrack, or the red would have been the Music On Vinyl reissue of the West Side Story film soundtrack. The blue I think was a promo 12" single from the looks of it.

I used to have my ART7 on blue vinyl...

View attachment 1388823

...and XX2 on pink or red vinyl, I forget which...

View attachment 1388825

The pink would have been the Record Store Day release of the Pink Panther movie soundtrack, or the red would have been the Music On Vinyl reissue of the West Side Story film soundtrack. The blue I think was a promo 12" single from the looks of it.

Expensive stuff!! :thumbsup: If I could afford it, I would definitely get the ART-9! The ART-7 & ART-9 punches WAY above their price range!

Expensive stuff!! :thumbsup: If I could afford it, I would definitely get the ART-9! The ART-7 & ART-9 punches WAY above their price range!
I kind of swapped up to the XX2 from the 17D3 (through the US distributor). And I kind of regretted it since the 17D3 was a lot more neutral, and tracked better. I sent the 17D3 in to be looked at, and took the XX2 on loan since they wanted to send me a new 17D3, but had no US stock to offer it to me. The rep offered to let me keep the XX2, which I did. I see now that the 17D3 is replaced by a more expensive 17D, so I'm thinking it was discontinued back then.

I almost regret the ART7 just due to the extremely low output of 0.12mV, but it does sound nice, and my phono stage/SUT project will make it right. The ART9 is supposedly a little less detailed but has a more usable output. (The ART9 has a ferrite core where as the ART7 has none, which is the main difference between the two.)

It took me decades to get to this point though. ;) Saving up a little, and selling off the extra stuff I didn't use, was how any of this could happen.

Mine is one third of the scroe/haul that got me back into this hobby. I really need to thin some of those speakers out and reclaim some floor space in my shop.

Years back I saw someone over at Audioholics do an install with the biggest version of that pulse fan sub and they were getting excellent results ,I'm thinking they were easily hitting 10hz with that thing ,I'm gonna check tomorrow to see just how low they mesured that thing .

There's a whole flock of y'all's all over the forums. Reminds me of the Star Trek Trouble With Tribbles episode.

:D

Every time I think of the Trouble with Tribbles episode I think of this Tribbles episode lol

None really.
Just a cool looking album cover from one of Black Sabbath's more under-appreicated albums.
Kinda used one of that album's songs as the "inspiration/adaptation" for my screen-name here.
The lyrics of the song may have some insight,,,or maybe not,,,ahhhh who cares,,,LOL...

:dunno:

FWIW

Bret P.

It doesn't get done much at all on this forum, but on another that I admin for, it disturbs me at how many grown men are posting avatars of younger women. I'll gladly post something I'm interested in (like I do at AK), but they seem obsessed with it, as though having a "hawt" girl in their avatar is some sort of badge of honor...? It's not even anyone they know personally--it's usually some current actress or model or musician I've never heard of. Strange. But just my opinion. It just seems kind of stalker-ish?

Back
Top Bottom