What is your favorite "rock-n-roll" movie?

Quadrophenia, Tommy are also favorites. It's a popular theme so there are so many. Some might also like Bandslam and for the kiddies, my daughter watched Lemonade Mouth a lot a few years ago.

heavy_metal_1981_movie_poster.jpg

Excellent thread...now i've got a list of movies to watch.

I'll add David Brent: Life on the Road.

Ladies & Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains

MV5BMTMxNTc1NjEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTkxMTA4MQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR110,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Cast includes Diane Lane and Laura Dern as teenagers, with support from members of The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Tubes, & Black Randy and the Metrosquad

Last edited:
Ladies & Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains

MV5BMTMxNTc1NjEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTkxMTA4MQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR110,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Cast includes Diane Lane and Laura Dern as teenagers, with support from members of The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Tubes, & Black Randy and the Metrosquad
This was a really good movie and also filmed in my local mall and surrounding areas. Glam rock was sure the rage back then.

Not sure if this really counts as rock n roll, but Sound of Noise has some really fun and outlandish musical sequences.

sound-of-noise-movie-poster-2010-1020559804.jpg

Yellow Submarine
Help
A Hard Days Night
Walk Hard / The Legend of Dewey Cox
The Rutles
Hedwig and The Angry Inch
Concert for Bengla Desh
Mad Dogs and Englishmen

Last edited:
I found This Is England (2006) to be a cool film about working class Britain in 1983 under Thatcher/Falklands. It explores, among other topics, how multi-racial Ska music was essentially co-opted by the skinheads. Both funny and tense.

This_is_england_film_poster.jpg

Back
Top Bottom