What is your favorite "rock-n-roll" movie?

Favorites are:

Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Blue Brothers
This is Spinal Tap
The Harder They Come

Just ordered Monterey Pop.

Hard Core Logo

Hard_Core_Logo_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

It wasn’t that that didn’t work - the band’s story was fine, it was the peripheral characters that didn’t work for me.
Yeah...and so this got me thinking about the difference between a "rock n roll movie" and "a movie about rock n roll"...if I'm thinking about the former...I just might go with Easy Rider ...

Cheers!

David

Maybe not full Rock & Roll, but my favorite Music based movie would be Hair. The Bass is Killer thru the whole movie. The Bassist is Wilbur Bascombe who plays some Bass on Jeff Beck's Wired Album.

Yeah...and so this got me thinking about the difference between a "rock n roll movie" and "a movie about rock n roll"...if I'm thinking about the former...I just might go with Easy Rider ...

Cheers!

David
Easy Rider is about counter culture and drugs. If there was a rock sound track, I did not notice it. I was paying attention to the story being told on screen.

Last edited:
Easy Rider is about counter culture and drugs. There was a rock sound track, but I did not notice it. I was paying attention to the story being told on screen.
Fair...Rock N Roll was a very BIG part of The Counter Culture...

I really enjoyed Almost Famous, most of Woodstock, Dazed and Confused and The Doors. Also most of the CCR Documentary "Travelling Band" on Netflix is outstanding. Only the last part, concert footage wasn't particularly good for me though. I had no idea they where that successful in so many countries.

While I was at the mall today I was looking at some new LP's at Sunrise Records and stumbled upon the move soundtrack from "Days and Confused" So I bought it. Can't wait to play it, along with my new Rolling Stones Double LP "Honk", and Tobie Keith's " Should've been a Cowboy" LP. I love 1980's country too.

Good thread. I don't know if it qualifies as a "movie" per se, but I really liked Muscle Shoals.

Back
Top Bottom