What Is Your Holy Grail Receiver or Receivers That Will Complete Your Setup??

DJboutit

What is your holy grail receiver or receivers you are looking for that will complete your setup??

Mine

Kenwood KR 6030

Kenwood KR 9600

MCS 3253

Project One Mark 600

Project One Mark 800

Realistic STA 2080

Realistic STA 2000D

Realistic STA 2100D

Pioneer SX 939

Any of these in great condition for a decent price
I have a Kenwood KR 7600 it needs some work one of the ones I have been looking for

I figure either one of these:
halli0901.jpg

Or perhaps one of these:
541359.jpg

But frankly, I'm doing pretty well with this:
r390a_setup.jpg

I figure either one of these:
halli0901.jpg

Or perhaps one of these:
541359.jpg

But frankly, I'm doing pretty well with this:
r390a_setup.jpg
Woah so older amps sound better!? That last one looks like ancient but awsome !!
We’re do you even learn about these vintage amps ?
One of the old onkyo surround amps was a powerful one forgot the name tho. - a older version of the 818? 150+ wpc.

Last edited:
Woah so older amps sound better!? That last one looks like ancient but awsome !!
One of the old onkyo surround amps was a powerful one forgot the name tho. - a older version of the 818? 150+ wpc.
While their output sections weren't much to speak of (the top one does use push-pull 6V6GTs, probably putting out around 10 watts or so, and was considered 'hi-fi' in its day), their receiving sections were among the best available in their day, pulling in signals from all over the world. The last one is of military origin, and was supposedly considered classified at one time. More info about these sorts of receivers can be found at sites like this and this.
-Adam

Onkyo TX-NR1000 is one of the Uber receivers that puts out 150wpc at 70lbs and sounds good , I used to own one .

16388DD8-DCB5-4B8A-B855-94E99643192F.jpeg 6982AC75-7F1B-4692-8E48-188DDE386D61.jpeg 429DFA13-895F-499E-A603-2082137FB821.jpeg

Audiofreak71

Hey
I think Harman Kardon made a pretty good one back in the day. Citation I think it was called. Classy piece of equipment. Eric

Last edited:
Onkyo HT-R508 Great sound with great flexibility. Every speaker have own equalizer and level control. I`m bought this receiver before ten years and it work perfect today. Also it have 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels.

19741992_6351ad9cd7_N3961x1417.jpg

Specs:
• 130 W/Ch, 8Ω, 1 Channel Driven, IEC
• DTS®, DTS® 96/24, DTS® Neo:6 5.1, Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Pro Logic® II
• H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
• 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels
• HDMI Pass-Thru (1080p Compatible; 2 Inputs and 1 Output)*
• HDTV-Capable (50 MHz) Component Video Switching (3 Inputs/1 Output)
• WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
• Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
• Audyssey 2EQ® Technology to Correct Room Acoustic Problems and to Calibrate Speakers
• 4 Digital Inputs (2 Optical/2 Coaxial)
• 3 S-Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
• CinemaFILTER™
• Pure Audio Mode
• A-Form Listening Mode Memory
• Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
• Color-Coded 5.1-Multichannel Inputs (Receive 5.1 Surround Sound from Compatible Blu-ray and HD-DVD Players)
• Color-Coded Speaker Terminals
• Crossover Adjustment (40/50/60/80/100/120/150/200 Hz) for Bass Management
• A/V Synchronization Function (Up to 100 ms in 20 ms Steps)
• RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
• 40 FM/AM Random Presets
• Compatible with the RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for the iPod
• Front Panel Auxiliary Input (for Camcorders, Game Consoles, etc.)
• Preprogrammed RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control

Like Dave I'm not really a "receiver" guy. The only receiver I've ever had any real interest in or desire to own is the Magnum Dynalab MD-209. It's made in North America!

The all-in-one concept always appealed to me even though I've had separates most of my listening life. For me: AR [Acoustic Research] Model R, Mac 1500, 1700, 1900 or 4100. OPG.

I like that first image in the opening post. Kenwood KR-6030. Bought one brand new back in the day ($300) and used it for about a decade. I loved that receiver like none other because it was my first love, and it sounded good. Have been tempted to reacquire one many times, but it seems relatively rare, and lacks modern features I need, (eg, remote control).

For a modern receiver, I find the McIntosh and the Magnum Dynalab the most appealing choices. Maybe I should sell my silver Morgans and take the plunge. Nah, I already plunged with an integrated. If I'd looked at the titles of the threads here before beginning my own thread about stereo receivers, I'd just have posted here.

Great minds, and all that, DJboutit.

Back
Top Bottom