What is your least favorite music genre?

OK here's an example of Hip Hop that's cool. The R&B factor is pretty obvious.

I hear a lot of this stuff on college radio but I don't post it on Today's "Rap/ Hip Hop" Playlist cuz they're all gangsta wannabes.

Orchestral pieces obviously composed by academics with other academics in mind. "Why bother?" I keep thinking.

I take it back: smooth jazz is the genre I hate the most. Kenny G.? Give me a break. I bought 'The Rippingtons' CD's once, when I was in a NYC shop. What WAS I thinking?

I changed my mind again, it's Indian music (from India), or maybe its Arabian music, someone know what I'm talking about?

I changed my mind again, it's Indian music (from India), or maybe its Arabian music, someone know what I'm talking about?
I think I do. A TV station in Detroit had this cool show called "Arab Voice" and they had the news with Saddam Hussein fighting the Iranians and also a music video show featuring classics from Farid Al Atrash, Warda, Oom Kazoom?, etc. Great stuff - really trippy.

Yeah that's the blood curdling, snake charming, Kenny G sh!t that makes me want to slap every grandmother right in the mouth..lol

I could give you a pass for making no sense whatsoever but I'm curious about the Kenny G thing.
I'm thinking it's in reference to that instrument that sounds like a cross between a clarinet and kazoo.
My wife hates Kenny G for some reason. Refers to him as Kenny Gag:dunno:

BTW, from the bits I've heard, (no reference to Kenny G) I think I've found a new least favorite music genre: 'Free Jazz'

Back
Top Bottom