What is your occupation?

Flooring sales at Home Depot. 16 years. I finally passed the mark set in previous job. Audio/video sales, Circuit City. 1992-2007

Edit, for you math majors, I've worked 2 jobs since 1994. Parts of those are concurrent years.

OTR? or otherwise Rome. I didn't know you were a driver.
...r1

Hey Roadie!
Naw, chose not to go the OTR route as I like to sleep in my own bed after a long & hard shift! :thumbsup:
Yea, I saw how hard it is tor be a driver once I got my Class A license & having to push yourself beyond comfort levels was not going to work for me. Also, team driving too was a no-no as I don't like most sleepers & trusting your partner to drive responsibly going around a mountain curve would keep me awake during my down time. :)

AKer Superjazzy is a new OTR driver, but has learned quite a bit in a short time.

Are you a driver?
I retired in '05 with Central Freight Lines, but started with DSL as a tanker driver. Wow! Pulling up to a gas station with 9500 gallons of Petro to dump. People would still leave their cars running & some would even smoke while fueling. Those vapors from the top of the tanker were itching for just a spark. There would be nothing left of ole Rome if that thing blew up.

Well, take care & I miss my ole Freightliner nine speed.

Rome

Last edited:
Controller for a construction company for 21 years. Retired 2 years ago. Don't miss it.

Enjoy the music,
-Mark

Same as I'll bet. I drove about 4-5 years running around the state with 8800gal. behind me. No partners but hell, I'd scare myself sometimes! Kenworth was hiring in my home town and I got on there.

I sure don't miss icy roads. And you're right about getting in and out of the stations I'll bet we have some stories we could tell!

Have a safe and Merry Christmas,
...r1

Same as I'll bet. I drove about 4-5 years running around the state with 8800gal. behind me. No partners but hell, I'd scare myself sometimes! Kenworth was hiring in my home town and I got on there.

I sure don't miss icy roads. And you're right about getting in and out of the stations I'll bet we have some stories we could tell!

Have a safe and Merry Christmas,
...r1

I hear ya for sure Roadie on those stories. Trying to get to the fuel drops at some stations are so hard. Never understood why they put them so close to the pumps & people. Geesh! Take skill my friend, indeed! :D

Yea, I drove through it all without an accident then my health got to me & had to slow down. It was best I retired & did.

This is what my ol' 797 married to a 5 hole tanker looked like! Memories!

Well take care & may you & yours enjoy a Merry Christmas too...

Rome

10295.jpg

I was a Tool & Die Maker for 38 years but after the die making business went mostly off shore I got a tech job with the United States Postal Service. That was for 7 years until I retired for good. But then I drove for a blood place, worked at a home improvement store, volunteered at a hospital, worked as maint. at a hospital(non-volunteer), then was a crossing guard for one school season. To finalize everything, I now do electrical installations(fans, lights, switches for homes). (Mostly a what do you think you want to pay me?) due to the great amount of retired folks around here.

As my handle would indicate, I tune pianos. I cannot tune a fish if that was the next question. I also used to rebuild and restore very old pianos to near new condition, inside and out, but I wasn’t able to keep that up and now I just tune. Much easier on my back!

View attachment 1070584View attachment 1070585

So I have always wondered, do you have to have very good ears etc for that? And is that something you had to apprentice in for years?

Back
Top Bottom