What is your occupation?

I started my career as an electrical engineer in the year 2K. Later I developed interests in Software and Mechanical engineering as well and became a Systems Integration Engineer. I have always enjoyed interacting with my customers and my goal has been to deliver the best solution for the least amount of money to them.

Now I work for one of the larger defense contractors in the area.

I have a number of patents under my belt if that matters at all....

Best

Soundork

not at all....just saying pre-emptive 'sorry' to those who may feel envious...
I get that from people :(

Maybe it's the way you present it. If you tell people you're retired and automatically attach your (younger than average) age to it, then it comes off as bragging.

I run a dietary supplement company. We sell our products in a number of countries around the world, which is very challenging to say the least.

I was a automotive machinist/engine builder for 30 years. I loved it but the trade has dwindled down to next-to-nothing. Still possible to make a living doing it but the pie is now a slice. So now I do it on the side but am a machinist for a subway system now.

I'm a machinist for a dredging company here in Charleston, SC. Big shipyard type work-vertical and horizontal boring mills, large lathes, etc. Been in the trade almost 20 years. Definitely not going to get rich doing it but am able to provide for my wife and kid and I definitely enjoy the work.

I'm a machinist for a dredging company here in Charleston, SC. Big shipyard type work-vertical and horizontal boring mills, large lathes, etc. Been in the trade almost 20 years. Definitely not going to get rich doing it but am able to provide for my wife and kid and I definitely enjoy the work.
I was an outside machinist in a shipyard for 10 years and an inside machinist for 2 years. I loved those last 2 years.
If you are a machinist, then you are a 'thinking man'.
It never got old, the idea that I could be given a lump of metal and a mechanical drawing of a part, and I had to find that part in the lump.
It's a very gratifying job, being a machinist.

Great to have you here John. And no matter what, you live in one of the best cities this country has to offer. Our daughter as at The Citadel and we are really enjoying our time visiting. Be sure to find a thread where you can post about your system.

Started as a telecom tech, but rapidly changed from that and became a Nurse, then lecturer and later in Hospital Admin.
For the last 20 years been working in health economics in our Health Department. Also part time consultant in health economics mostly in Europe and the Middle East.
Ive been very fortunate to do lots of interesting things and now at 60 I'm wondering what to do when i finally grow up.

I'm a HVAC and Refrigeration Tech.
I've worked on units ranging from humble fridges, room air conditioners to Industrial Chiller sets.
Still Active.

Started as a telecom tech, but rapidly changed from that and became a Nurse, then lecturer and later in Hospital Admin.
For the last 20 years been working in health economics in our Health Department. Also part time consultant in health economics mostly in Europe and the Middle East.
Ive been very fortunate to do lots of interesting things and now at 60 I'm wondering what to do when i finally grow up.

Hey Kev. When I grow up, I wanna be a kid !

That would be me
Full disability pension.
And
Now a guy wants me to refurbish a Mcintosh
And im studying to be a pilot.

Aeroplanes. Look !!!

I have many diffetent things i do.
Qualified co.puter repair tech. Certified.

It would be nice to do ele tronics updates
Wait n see if it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom