What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Trucker i take it?They see all the idiots and all the mayhem for sure.Seen a bit riding shotgun in a cabover years ago.

Not a trucker. Sales. Long haul for me is a recent vaca and multiple job related trecks across the state each week.

I just got reminded of one you guys should get a laugh out of: Inappropriate public men's room sounds!

Acceptable public men's room sounds: Burping, farting, #2 sounds, clearing your nose, peeing, flushing

Unacceptable public men's room sounds (keep in mind, most of them are giant echo chambers):

1. Whistling/singing - Just don't do it! This isn't a place for you to come in whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-dah! If you come into the men's room whistling or singing then you are WAY too happy about being in there plus you are disturbing the concentration of others who are trying to do their business in peace.
2. Excessive chatter - This isn't the lady's room, take it outside! And for goodness sake don't try to strike up a conversation with a stranger at the urinal next to you!
3. Wheezing, sighing, grunting, etc. while going to the restroom. I don't know what spicy food you at but suck it up and go in quiet like a man!
4. Any loud chewing, smacking or whatever noises with your mouth. Like I said, its a big echo chamber and that just sounds disgusting.

Whistling should be forbidden in ANY public setting... I have yet to meet ANYONE who enjoys another persons whistling...

New peeve- Disaster Rubberneckers. We had a bad storm roll through the other day. Two neighbors had trees fall on their houses. One house, a huge tree fell. hit his roof, slid down, smashed the entire front porch off, continued down and smashed BOTH SUVs in the driveway. I feel bad for the guy. BUT then, there have been TONS of people standing out front, taking pictures, gawking, stopping in the middle of the street to take pictures and stare, it's annoying. Poor guy has half his house hanging wide open and two flat cars in the driveway, and d'bags are out front giggling and taking pictures.

Used to work with an engineer who would converse with you in a loud voice continuously as he marched into the stall, dropped his pants and proceeded with the entire process. Very awkward.

Cute picture of a kid in KC selling lemonade last weekend to raise money for her own cop uniform because 'she just wants to be a cop'. She made enough in the morning that she got to go buy it, and re-opened the stand that afternoon. Word got around and over 50 cops stopped by and gave her badges and took pictures.

But where's the pet peeve you ask? On the sign. People who price things at ".50 cents" which is half a cent. :rolleyes: These folks even put the cents sign BEFORE the price which I have never seen before. Double demerits!

Cop.png

Cute picture of a kid in KC selling lemonade last weekend to raise money for her own cop uniform because 'she just wants to be a cop'. She made enough in the morning that she got to go buy it, and re-opened the stand that afternoon. Word got around and over 50 cops stopped by and gave her badges and took pictures.

Here in CA she'd get cited for selling without a business license.

People who use their cell phones in public restrooms are one of my pet peeves. There's a time and a place to take a phone call, and that ain't it.

Oh man I can't believe I forgot that on my list!!! I am in complete agreement! When I'm in a stall and I hear them someone carrying on a conversation on the phone in the restroom, I try to flush as often as possible. The only time I'm sympathetic is if you are in a super loud place where the restroom is the only place answering a phone call is possible. But even then I don't do it myself.

Those little bar code stickers they put on fruit. The adhesive they use on those things is so aggressive you end up digging an inch-square divot in your apple just trying to get that mother off of there.

Pisses me off no end.

Unnecssary packaging. I got fat balls (yes, I said it) but even though the 50 fat balls were already in a plastic bucket, they are all individually wrapped in little green plastic nets. More plastic. I've got to cut each one out before I can put them into the container for the birds to peck at. They go through 8 of them a day.

People on airplanes that apparently think I want to hear the $hit they're playing on their cell phone, tablet, or computer.

If that's you, buy some f@&*ing closed back earphones/ear buds.

The NC State Highway Patrolman who was texting while driving as he sped past us yesterday, which is against the law, which he is obviously above. S.S.D.Y.

While it may be a redundant duplication of the same thing over and over again, its worth repeating -- garden hoses that kink. :yikes:

Its really such a silly little annoyance but I sure find it to be frustrating -- with zero lag time!

Sultry Summer heat beyond 90°. I am too old for that.

This makes me seriously depressed. This is a very serious issue. Desperately pining for September.

Last edited:
Setting anything on my audio cables, chair leg getting moved for cleaning and ending up on a speaker wire, how can people not see this, and not care. when i ran sound also i would pull on a cable and a musician would be standing on it 20 feet away like huh? OOOOOHH . or a guitar player standing on their cable with it stretched out bending the input jack on their amp. Yup thats one of my pets

People on airplanes that apparently think I want to hear the $hit they're playing on their cell phone, tablet, or computer.

If that's you, buy some f@&*ing closed back earphones/ear buds.

Went into a replica old fashioned diner in WI a couple years back on a trip. Two 20-maybe kids came in, sat at the far end of the place, put their phone on the table and proceeded to crank whatever it was they liked. Mind you the diner was playing rock oldies over the ceiling speakers. We heard the two programs at about equal volume. :crazy::wtf:

Back
Top Bottom