What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Another restaurant one - You wait while they bus your table, then it gets wiped with a wet, grungy, bacteria laden rag leaving the table top wet and expecting you to sit down and be grateful.

I hate when they reach in from behind unannounced. You know; to fill coffee or what ever.

I had a waitress grab my plate at a Pizza Hut one time, it still had a slice of pizza on it. MY slice of Pizza, dammit !

You don't take food from a dog. I didn't scream, "Prison Rules" ! I sure wanted to, though.

Triple pane blurred cell phone video. I know why it's done but it IS distracting and annoying to me.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh yes- sportscasters.

"He ran for a buck thirty" instead of one hundred and thirty yards. E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E, with no variety in language.

Aren't you cute.

Big Cooking Day! Go to the store to get everything You need. Get deep into the recipe, only to find out the store did not put important ingredient in the bag, that You Paid for!!!

Triple pane blurred cell phone video. I know why it's done but it IS distracting and annoying to me.

Which matches with mine of: People that hold their phones vertical when taking video. It should pop up with a warning that says "All other screens are wider than they are tall, do you still want to hold your camera this way?"

And that reminds me of a real pet peeve of mine, irregardless. I hear a double negative there. Not without regard to = with regard to, just the opposite of what the statement seems to imply. Ack!

It has been mentioned before, probably earlier in this thread. I just heard it again so it is still stuck in my craw. :eek:

A family eating out at a restaurant and all of them are playing with their phones and not one word is spoken to each other

I've always heard people refer to a "California stop" meaning the car didn't stop completely at a stop sign.
Within the last 6 months to a year it has gone from cars going 3-5 mph through the sign to now it is easily 20-30 mph though the sign. I see a couple of those a day now.
I will maybe see 2 or 3 people come to a complete stop and the rest coast through at 5-10 but the increase in those that are going well beyond a speed that they could actually stop if they needed to seems to be increasing monthly. They slow slightly from the speed they were going so they know it is a stop seem to think that slowing by 10 mph from 30-40 is close enough to a stop.

Driving...again. Mentioned before, reminded constantly.

What's up with the blazing down the street but hittin' the binders and making the turns/corners moving like a frikkin' snail?

What I really love is those are often people in 'fast' cars like Subaru WRXs.

That's also known as a Jersey Stop on the East coast. I have seen instances where the vehicle that should have come to a complete three second stop actually speeds up and blows past the stop sign so they can beat an oncoming vehicle to the intersection. This observer of such appalling behavior has noticed a pattern that the offending vehicles more often than not have New Jersey or New York plates on them. Pennsylvania drivers are not immune either. Careless, inattentive and low skilled drivers are one thing. Intentionally blowing through stop signs and red lights requires a conscious decision that raises my objection well beyond simply being a pet peeve.

Voicemail. We've had it for, what, 20 years now?

"At the tone, please leave your message. After you are done, you can hang up, or remain on the line for more options. To leave a callback number, press 7"

We know the drill by now! We know to talk when we hear the tone! Just get to the damn beep!

Does anybody ever remain on the line and use "more options?" Or even just to hear what they are?

Does anybody leave a callback number nowadays? I haven't since the days of pagers.

Back
Top Bottom