What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

current events
backdrop_CQ-020-S-Circus-Big-Top.jpg

Spied this in a motor pool car yesterday. Sorry for the bad pic. It was dark by the time I discovered it.

Tone Ctrols.JPG

Treble, Mid and Bass controls all turned up to max.

You don't really understand how tone controls work, do you, previous driver? o_O

:dunno:

Driving home last night on a divided highway in the dark. Guy gets on the highway a half mile ahead with his flashers on. I figure he must be having trouble and will pull over again any second. But he doesn't, just continues on. Luckily traffic was light.

So I get up next to him and while I'm passing I notice it's a sedan. With a pallet on the roof. And another pallet on top of that. All in all, about 11 pallets, I figure. One on top of the other. Stacked up to a height of 10-12 ft. off the ground. On the roof of a sedan.

I think I got an impression of some straps or rope as I passed by in the darkness, but still. If any of that slips, like pallets will do, or he has to make an evasive lane change, or brake hard....it's going to be a clearance sale at Pallet City, all over the highway, with traffic going by at 70-75 mph, in the dark.

What are people thinking.

:confused:

Driving home last night on a divided highway in the dark. Guy gets on the highway a half mile ahead with his flashers on. I figure he must be having trouble and will pull over again any second. But he doesn't, just continues on. Luckily traffic was light.

So I get up next to him and while I'm passing I notice it's a sedan. With a pallet on the roof. And another pallet on top of that. All in all, about 11 pallets, I figure. One on top of the other. Stacked up to a height of 10-12 ft. off the ground. On the roof of a sedan.

I think I got an impression of some straps or rope as I passed by in the darkness, but still. If any of that slips, like pallets will do, or he has to make an evasive lane change, or brake hard....it's going to be a clearance sale at Pallet City, all over the highway, with traffic going by at 70-75 mph, in the dark.

What are people thinking.

:confused:
Leland?

Technical jargon is one thing, I get that. I'm a scientist myself (also a regulator) and we are forced to talk in acronyms and technical terms. But using 10 words when you could use 3 is a different thing. You can be highly technical and still readable. It's a skill that not all technical people have.

Translating technical jumbo jumbo into English is part of my job. I rather enjoy that part of it.

I had to have a medical procedure done at a hospital and I was told to be there at 10:30 AM. Two days before the procedure the hospital calls me up and tells me to come in earlier at 9:50 AM. I get there and they put me in pre-op and I languish there until almost noon. I think they like to mess with your head as part of the treatment.

The worst thing was I was told not to eat or drink anything after 8:00 PM the night before. Following the treatment they told me I could only drink liquids for the first day. My wife bought me the largest frappe she could find when we arrived home.

Today, on my way to work, traveling on a rural highway, a fire truck pulled out in front of me. Lights and sirens blaring, yet going exactly the posted 55mph speed limit all the way into town. Must not have been that urgent, lol.

Today, on my way to work, traveling on a rural highway, a fire truck pulled out in front of me. Lights and sirens blaring, yet going exactly the posted 55mph speed limit all the way into town. Must not have been that urgent, lol.
You ever driven a fire truck? They don't go a hell of a lot faster than that. Regardless, I hope you stayed out of the way. A lot of clueless motorists don't. Kind of a pet peeve of mine, you might say.

Now that we have had our first signifigant snow fall of the season, my annual recurring pet peeve theme is people that are completely clueless, lazy, and unprepared for driving when there is any amount of snow, or even the potential of snow, on the roads. To those folks, take the bus, please! Or, for the sake of everyone else’s sanity, just stay home.

Clueless people don’t clear the snow off of all of the windows and lights on their vehicle (among many other things). Lazy people dont clear the snow off of the roof and hood. Those snow cakes can and do fly off and make life difficult for other drivers. There are other drivers on the road. Really, there are. The unprepared drivers are attempting to negotiate the roads while not bothering to check the condition of their US Baldy tires. Slicks are really terrible in the snow. Those unprepared drivers are the ones that create problems and general chaos all around them for every other driver on the road no matter how well prepared they may be.

I could go on and on but I will spare you the full rant, for now at least. The season has just begun. There is so much more to add.

Last edited:
You ever driven a fire truck? They don't go a hell of a lot faster than that. Regardless, I hope you stayed out of the way. A lot of clueless motorists don't. Kind of a pet peeve of mine, you might say.

LOL, nope, never drove one. He just pulled out in front of me, and I slowed down for him. He got up to speed, and I figured he'd disappear into the morning sunrise, but he just chugged along at 55. I guess I never really pondered the physics of it.

"Destroyed jeans". Parents acutally have payed a lot of money for this nonsense for a long time. Girls wearing destroyed jeans on extremely cold winter days. :crazy: Fortunately they seem to get more and more out of style. The jeans, not the girls.

Back
Top Bottom