What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Yeah, those "Do NOT Remove this Tag" stickers ALWAYS bemused/amazed/befuddled Yrs Trly when I was a kid. What would they do to you if you DID remove one of 'em ?!? Big fine,summary execution, or Whack yr Pee-Pee? They always said something like "This item contains Kapock, an all-new material"... HOPE it did, if I'm gonna Risk My Life for being a miscreant who tore one of the silly tags off...

Staplers. They don't tell you when there is only one staple left. So, you unknowingly use the last one, put the stapler back, and the next time you reach for it you're firing blanks. This has taken a year or two off my life. Somebody please come up with an "only one left" indicator.
They used to do that. I have a box of "Bates-End-icator" staples in my drawer (they must be at least 25 years old). The last few staples are red to indicate when it's time to re-load. Just checked online and couldn't find them. You could make your own with a red marker.

People and families who treat public spaces as their personal living room.

- loud
- crass
- kids gone wild
- obnoxious behavior
- wearing PJs and fuzzy slippers

- Am I missing anything?

They used to do that. I have a box of "Bates-End-icator" staples in my drawer (they must be at least 25 years old). The last few staples are red to indicate when it's time to re-load. Just checked online and couldn't find them. You could make your own with a red marker.

Now that is an elegantly simple solution! I used staplers almost daily for about 40 years and never saw pre-marked staples.

EDIT: And I feel kind of dumb for thinking of more complicated solutions such as building some sort of indicator into the stapler itself.

Oh, Dear God..."Unattended Children Will be Sold as Slaves, or Food for our Hungry Lions..." If we could ONLY do that....Down here, in Greater Bugtussle this is ENDEMIC...Poovie Mae, all 5'2", & 250 lbs of her, INSISTS on carting her brood of 6-7 Young 'Uns w/her everywhere she goes, generally she will stumble into whichever restaurant I foolishly enter. Said young 'uns are invariably filthy, w/snotty noses, loud, obnoxious, eat w/their dirty hands, feet, or just cram it into their black-teethed mouths. Their shrill voices have NO modulation, everything is screamed at the tops of their lungs. The older tykes are no better, arguably worse-The 15 yr old boys look like they will hop over the 2 tables separating you from the Kallikack clan, & slice yr throat if he thinks you spent more than 2 seconds perusing his clan, & the 13 yr old girl looks like you could catch Gonococyl Syphieczema if you inadvertently brushed up against her. She, too, likely has, or will shortly, a Bambino here, & another in the oven, w/no Daddy anywhere around...

The FCC (our fave steaming dump, Ajit Pai) has directed the phone co's to do Something about the roboscammer calls, and they have till some deadline to come up with Something. Whether that will be anything more than "Just don't answer them, folks. Thanks for checking!" remains to be seen.

Unless some dog-@ss politico gets some credit or can get some Votes outta this, I don't look for much to happen. Not only that, I'm pretty sure the scammers likely have apps developed & in place that will make whatever law our stalwart Funny Cookie Company comes up with akin to a Model T trying to out-drag a McLaren Mercedes...

^^ Ah yes, the extended Yak Fest. "The game won't be on for hours...oh wait, actually, tomorrow - but we're going to sit here and flap our gums about it anyway."

^^ ooh yeah.

Recently on Reddit:

hhpkfoi1h6n21.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrappyDesign/ if you want to be mildly infuriated more.

Oh, don't EVEN get me started on Team Memorabilia...Down here, you GOTTA show your undying love for The Mighty Vols, the University of Tennessee's Phootbawl franchise. And the BEST way to show yr Love is buying a huge soft plastic, orange colored "T" to plaster somewhere on yr car, truck, or SUV. Gotta support Thuh Team,doncha know ?!? No, Jasper, all you're "Supportin" is the fat, rich jackass who MAKES those insipid things....I'd guess Thuh Team might get a nickel out of every one sold, if that. The players don't get diddley, 'cause of rules & regulations. College sports-at least at the level UT likes to think they inhabit-is a BIG business-Don't try & kid yrself that its not. And the football coach MIGHT last a season or 2 if the season ticket holder renewal rates drop below 100%- but I wouldn't wanna bet too much on it. Knoxville is a HUGE hotel/Motel/restaurant town-far in excess of any close by tourist attraction, except the Smoky Mtns. The big draw is Vol Football-altho Basketball-Men & women's both has been doing better of late. Oh, its all basically harmless, I suppose- But I for one, would rather see more money put into research & academics & make UT a truly World-Class school, & stop the "Football college" BS they have now. We've suffered ENOUGH from our "Beverly Hillbillies" image...

Doctors, and Dentists that charge the uninsured (usually those that can least afford their services) full price when they settle for 40-60% of that from the insurance companies. I understand the group discount thing, but how 'bout an "uninsured" discount thing?

Back
Top Bottom