What kind of interconnects were being used for early sixties Mac gear?

True - I am wanting to hear what they were voiced with. Cables do alter the sound for better or for worse and although I know there are things that don't change about inductance, resistance and capacitance because they are all law, I would like to hear what they heard.

You do know that the engineers at Mac would be politely, in the back room, laughing their ass off at you right? And then I would hear about it latter.

Having "voiced" speakers with Gordon Gow for live demonstrations, set up his prototype cartridges with him peering my every move under my shoulder and then auditioning them with him, and sorted thru speaker voicing issues with him, Roger and Sidney; well, I can assure you they would point out about a dozen things to solve before a cable being used as a eq device being very important.

You do know that the engineers at Mac would be politely, in the back room, laughing their ass off at you right? And then I would hear about it latter.

Having "voiced" speakers with Gordon Gow for live demonstrations, set up his prototype cartridges with him peering my every move under my shoulder and then auditioning them with him, and sorted thru speaker voicing issues with him, Roger and Sidney; well, I can assure you they would point out about a dozen things to solve before a cable being used as a eq device being very important.
Did Mac ever experiment with cabling in any manner?

I'm up for a good ribbing right about now!
Yeah I know I'm being silly!
Just the wandering thoughts of my obsession!

The problem with so many of these golden ear pronouncements comes down to "What if you can not hear a difference"? Do you denigrate that customer because they do not have the "golden ears", do they denigrate themselves because they can not hear a difference. They can always buy a bass boat......

I do know that Gordon caught a 2 dB dip in the first room voicing I did for him prior to our live demo seminar. The AKG pair of mics he dialed in and the XR16 speakers fooled 30 + people when we did the demo. So he certainly could hear pretty good but was adamant against the whole cable deal.

Thank goodness Paulma was there when I failed trying to reason with him over dinner one night.....she was a good referee.

The problem with so many of these golden ear pronouncements comes down to "What if you can not hear a difference"? Do you denigrate that customer because they do not have the "golden ears", do they denigrate themselves because they can not hear a difference. They can always buy a bass boat......

I do know that Gordon caught a 2 dB dip in the first room voicing I did for him prior to our live demo seminar. The AKG pair of mics he dialed in and the XR16 speakers fooled 30 + people when we did the demo. So he certainly could hear pretty good but was adamant against the whole cable deal.

Thank goodness Paulma was there when I failed trying to reason with him over dinner one night.....she was a good referee.
My own main reservation is the notion that if 'I' can't hear it, it's not a real thing. I have my own reservations about power cables, f.i., but I do know from experience that acoustic polarity is audible to me and others, but not everyone including some renowned golden ear audiophiles.

Back
Top Bottom