What kind of system(s) would James Bond have today?

Octopussy Loudspeakers for the bedroom system

JBLOctopus_Hero_1200.jpg

Correct and one day we will conquer the rest of the world.Bond would have the most expensive Tannoy Kingdoms or Westminsters.The amp would be Audion valve monoblocks,Rothwell pre and lots of heavy vinyl.Question is....would he turn the phone off?

Like these that I saw in Seoul maybe?

DSC_1818.JPG

Mr. Bond would likely spend his down-time alone, sitting quietly in a mostly dark room, with a bottle of good scotch, or vodka. It would be dangerous for him to venture out in public unnecessarily, too many people in the world know who he is. Even top-level spies have enemies, most of whom are likely just as cold and ruthless. At this level of the game, the line between good-guy and criminal blurs, and the only way to stay alive is to be just as bad-ass as the people you are after. Because they are probably after you, too.

As for what gear he might select, this depends almost exclusively on who has the State License To Kill #007 at any given time(the life expectancy of a #00x operative is notoriously short). The agent assigned that number also gets the name James Bond. So, the answer to the initial query would depend somewhat on WHEN you ask it, and who has that number at the time.

I shall, therefore, refrain from speculating as to what gear might find a place in the front room.

And, tho no one asked, I think Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Sir Sean. I really did not care at all for Roger Moore's portrayals. I think modern sensibilities have taken away some portion of the traditional Bond glamor and machismo, and replaced it with something grittier, messier, and more true to life, than the classic Bond of old. IF there is anything concerning James Bond that could be considered true-to-life....

I never figured out, Civilian Civil Servant or H M Royal Navy Lt. Commander? Either way, how did he pay for Aston Martin or would he, any of audio listed here? Expense account

Last edited:
Mr. Bond would likely spend his down-time alone, sitting quietly in a mostly dark room, with a bottle of good scotch, or vodka. It would be dangerous for him to venture out in public unnecessarily, too many people in the world know who he is. Even top-level spies have enemies, most of whom are likely just as cold and ruthless. At this level of the game, the line between good-guy and criminal blurs, and the only way to stay alive is to be just as bad-ass as the people you are after. Because they are probably after you, too.

As for what gear he might select, this depends almost exclusively on who has the State License To Kill #007 at any given time(the life expectancy of a #00x operative is notoriously short). The agent assigned that number also gets the name James Bond. So, the answer to the initial query would depend somewhat on WHEN you ask it, and who has that number at the time.

I shall, therefore, refrain from speculating as to what gear might find a place in the front room.

And, tho no one asked, I think Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Sir Sean. I really did not care at all for Roger Moore's portrayals. I think modern sensibilities have taken away some portion of the traditional Bond glamor and machismo, and replaced it with something grittier, messier, and more true to life, than the classic Bond of old. IF there is anything concerning James Bond that could be considered true-to-life....[/QUO
interesting.....consider also that were flemings books written today,he wouldnt get published....PC etc.Agree that Connery was right man right time....all the others were just male models.....

I never figured out, Civilian Civil Servant or H M Royal Navy Lt. Commander? Either way, how did he pay for Aston Martin or would he, any of audio listed here? Expense account
The second. We do get to see him in his uniform several times. I read a Young Bond novel a while back and his money is old, as darkblue points out. His uncle (?), anyway one of his relatives had the first Aston he drove and young Bond lived in a mansion, IIRC.

But I do believe he had a rather large expense account as well :D

I figure James Bond or any "REAL" spy wouldn't have time for any of these passions after all He's much too busy with important matters of state:)

Back
Top Bottom