What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

CarlV

Lunatic Member
Our new thread. :)

Tell us what McIntosh gear you are using. If you have photographs to share
please do include them.

Off topic posts in this thread will be subject to deletion.

You can attach pics or link to your hosting. You can also use and link from the Member's Gallery.

Carl

BTW, My amp that is pictured in my banner. I have 3 more of them.

Last edited:
Hi,

Great Idea. Oh, btw. this is my first post, I guess?! Anyways, this is a great forum and I love it. Keep it up.

And here is my gear :

TT: Nottingham Space Deck / Ace Space Arm
Cart: ZYX Airy R1000 3S-SB Cartridge
SUT: Bent Audio Mu MC Step-up transformer Preamplifier
CD: Decware (Sony DVP-NC685V) DEC 685 (Soon to be a MCD201)
Pre-Amp: McIntosh C2200
Amp: 2 x McIntosh 275IV in mono
Speaker: McIntosh LS-340
Tuner: McIntosh MR-77

And here is a picture of it.

Rudy

Attachments

• Mystereo.jpg
    Mystereo.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 3,222
Rudy said:
Hi,

Great Idea. Oh, btw. this is my first post, I guess?! Anyways, this is a great forum and I love it. Keep it up.

And here is my gear :

TT: Nottingham Space Deck / Ace Space Arm
Cart: ZYX Airy R1000 3S-SB Cartridge
SUT: Bent Audio Mu MC Step-up transformer Preamplifier
CD: Decware (Sony DVP-NC685V) DEC 685 (Soon to be a MCD201)
Pre-Amp: McIntosh C2200
Amp: 2 x McIntosh 275IV in mono
Speaker: McIntosh LS-340
Tuner: McIntosh MR-77

And here is a picture of it.

Rudy

WOW!!!!

For all the Macs I used to own...

Long story short...was laid off and went bankrupt several years ago, and I no longer own my cherished McIntosh amplifiers. But I did enjoy them immensely for the short amount of time I had them.

My very first Mac was the MC7200 direct-coupled amp, a solid performer and by far the best sounding amp I ever owned up to that point. It was controlled by an AMC CVT1030s tube preamp, which helped smooth out the highs through my Klipsch Cornwall horn-loaded loudspeakers. IMHO I think it's also one of the finest looking amps McIntosh ever designed, with it's big blue power meters and its combination backlit glass and black anodized aluminum faceplate...what a beauty!

But to help cover lawyer expenses, the MC7200 was sold on eBay (at a profit); now I was without an amp. My brother just so happened to have a near-mint MC2100 he wasn't using at the moment, so I borrowed it for awhile...wow, what a difference autoformers make! That's also when I fell in love with that classic black and chrome chassis design, a true hallmark in McIntosh aesthetics.

When my bro requested his MC2100 back, I had enough money saved up to purchase a near-mint MC250 for IIRC $315 on eBay...what a bargain! IMO this is still by far the most tube-like SS amp I've ever come across; warm, smooth, dynamic, with more than enough oomph for my efficient Cornwalls. Unfortunantly, I had pawned off the remainder of my audio gear except for my Cornwalls...my bro just bought a universal player and didn't need his AMC CD8b disc player any longer so I aquired it as my sole source, connected directly to my MC250. Wow, I didn't really miss not having a preamp!

I do miss my Macs...maybe someday I'll be able to afford a complete McIntosh system. As for now I can only dream, and recall the glory days my listening room was filled with pristine music, courtesy of McIntosh! :thmbsp:

Attachments

• mactubes.jpg
    mactubes.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,939
  • DSCN1710AB.jpg
    DSCN1710AB.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 1,498
  • P2141398_c.jpg
    P2141398_c.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,220
My current audio system... :)

C712 Preamp
MC7100 Amp
MCD7009 CD
MR78 FM
VPI Aries TT
Graham Slee Mk V Phono Preamp

Previous McIntosh owned... :(

MC240 Amp
MA6500 Integrated
C712 Preamp

Last edited:
That is serious eye candy Rudy! :thmbsp:
This is my mine but this will change soon as I am having a bedroom enlarged into something useful. A different configuration will occur.
Until then I am living in the front ONE HALF of my small house.
MC275IV
MC2100
MX110
MI3

Carl

A few other pieces, 1 , 2 , 3 , 4. These show my lack of photography skills quite nicely. :D

I currently have a C2200, MC252, and MR78 in the main system. Deciding between the MC252 and the MC275IV was difficult. I'm hoping to add an MCD201 in the near future.

My introduction to McIntosh came in 1973, when my father purchased a C26 and MC2100. Quite an upgrade from a Fisher solid state integrated amplifier that frequently required repair (a big problem when you are in pre-pipeline Alaska)! I sold the C26 years ago, but still have the MC2100. I will be keeping the MC2100, as it brings back a lot of happy memories of listening to music with my father.

I have a MX110 pre and a MC240 amp. Stock but fixed (old equipment, ya know). Love the tube sound!

I guess I should take pictures and upload them but I'm on dial up - and it'll take "forever". And I'm lazy. ;)

But I really should do it one day, huh?

Last edited:
GaryP,

DSL is great, you really should do it! With the recent promotions out there now it is almost the same price as dial up.

My Mc equipment

Greetings everyone!

I've been reading, learning from, and enjoying this forum for some time but finally decided to do my first post and share my system details - I currently use it for about 75% music and 25% home theater:

McIntosh:
MC352
MC7205
MX119 w/TM1 tuner module (recently upgraded from MX132)
LS360 mains
CS350 center
PS112 sub
HT3 surrounds
WS350 in-walls (currently not in use - waiting until I move later this spring and have more space for 7.1 and/or multi-room)

Other non-Mc audio items:
Denon 1600 DVD/DVDA player
Sony C2000ES CD/SACD (modified)
SlimDevices Squeezebox v3

As you can tell I'm a big McIntosh fan and I've been working on building up to where I'm at for the past 10 years or so (my first Mc purchases were a 7300 and C36 as I was finishing college). I don't have any recent pictures of my current system but I will take some and upload soon. It's been fun reading about other people's systems, both current and vintage. I grew up with McIntosh systems in the house, my dad and my uncle both have older Mc equipment which still sounds terrific (my dad's current system is MC2255, C33, MR80, MCD7007, and XR19 speakers with a Denon turntable and MCP1).

I look forward to continued participation in the forum and thanks to Ron-C and everyone else for their valuable knowledge, insight, and information!

Regards,
Jeff. :music:

My system includes:
Two MC-240s - run as monoblocks
MX-110

Non-Mc includes Denon DP62L TT
Running into a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls with upgraded Al K crossovers.

Great thread...

I will use my avitar and describe the components starting on the left rack, top down then right rack top down and finaly whats not in sight..

In Picture:

Music Hall MMF 7 Turntable with Sumiko Blackbird Cartridge

Mcintosh Display- Looks Pretty at night

Monster Power AVS 5500 SS power conditioner

McIntosh MVP 861 Multi Player

McIntosh Mc 2205 power amp in case running Bridged mode

Teac X1000r DBX Pro Open Reel

McIntosh MX 135 Processor

McIntosh MLD 7020 AC3 Laserdisc Player

McIntosh MR 74 Tuner

McIntosh Mc 2205 power amp in case running Bridged mode

Out of Picture

McIntosh XRT 20 Isoplanar Speakers

Mcintosh CS 350 Center Channel

McIntosh PS 112 Powered Subwoofer

Mcintosh WS 350 in wall speakers

Tributares cables..bottom line nothing fancy.

Thats all for now.I'm sure more will be coming one day :)

My system

MC2500
MC275 IV
MR 74
BAT VK 3 preamp
Pioneer PD M-60 16Bit/1987 Vintage
Soon to ad MD 201(I hope)
Polk SDA-SRS2 Speakers
Cables- MarkerTech Bal Xlr
RCA interconnects- Cheap Monster cable rca cables
Speaker Wire 14 awg oxygen free copper/1987 Vintage
Billy Bags 5500 stand w/casters
SoundAnchor stand for MC2500
Picts to post soon.

McINTOSH MX-135 PROCESSOR 1
McINTOSH MC-206 AMPLIFIER 1
McINTOSH MC-162 AMPLIFIERS 2
McINTOSH MC-150 AMPLIFIER 1
McINTOSH MC-7300 AMPLIFIER 1
McINTOSH MC-501 AMPLIFIERS 4
McINTOSH MC-1201 AMPLIFIERS 9
McINTOSH MC2KW AMPLIFIERS 2
McINTOSH MR-85 AM/FM TUNER 1
McINTOSH MS-300 MUSIC SERVER 1
McINTOSH MCD1000 CD TRANSPORT 1
McINTOSH MDA1000 D/A CONVERTER 1
McINTOSH C1000-P PRE-AMP 1
McINTOSH C1000-C CONTROLLER 1
McINTOSH C1000-T TUBE PRE-AMP 1
McINTOSH MQ109B ENVIRONMENTAL EQ
McINTOSH MVP-861 UNIVERSAL PLAYER
McINTOSH XRT2K LOUDSPEAKERS 2
McINTOSH XRT30 BASS CABINET 2
McINTOSH XR27 LOUDSPEAKERS 3
McINTOSH C15 PRE-AMPLIFIER 1
McINTOSH HT-2 SUBWOOFERS 2
McINTOSH HT-3F DIPOLE SPEAKERS 2
McINTOSH WS350 IN-WALL SPEAKERS 2
McINTOSH PC-4 POWER CONTROL 4
McINTOSH MA6500 INTEGRATED AMP 1
McINTOSH MCD205 CD CHANGER 1

Thats my Mac List, most all in one room & a study

Just an MC-225, but I use it every day. Sold the MX-110 to a fellow AK'er -- kinda miss it, too.

Sold the MX-110 to a fellow AK'er -- kinda miss it, too.

dont worry rick its still in good in good hands and not going anywhere.
i myself am down to just 1 mc30 and the mx110.hopefully i can get another mc30 toreplace the one i sold.

This is my mine but this will change soon as I am having a bedroom enlarged into something useful

seems i've seen that picture before :D

Back
Top Bottom