What musical instruments do you have in the house?

Not much of a collection, but here's what I got:
- 2013 Ibanez AC300EDVS (nice little grand concert)
- 2014 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro - black with gold hardware and a Bigsby
- Eberhardt-Hays full size upright piano circa 1920's?

I'm actually trying to figure out how old the piano is. Just recently read that it was built by Foster Armstrong, so I'm hoping I can date it via serial number. Anyone here happen to be an expert in early 20th century American upright pianos?

Guitars
Carvin California carved top electric
Old Gibson acoustic (no idea of the model)
Takamine acoustic (recently purchased)
Yamaha SCF08 acoustic

Amps
Carvin V3m tube amp (just bought)
Carvin xv-112 tube amp
Roland cube 80xl solid state
Fender mustang solid state

Let's see...

Selmer Mark VI tenor sax
Yamaha student flute
Two acoustic guitars (Martin 000-15 and Collings OM-1)
Five electric guitars (Hamer Artist Studio, PRS Mira, Fender Japan '62RI Telecaster, Fender Highway 1 Strat, G&L ASAT Jr. II)
Four amps (hand built--not by me--5F1 tweed Champ based amp, Fender Pro Jr, Vox Pathfinder 15R, Tech 21 Trademark 10)
Casio PX-160 digital piano (decided to get back to playing piano late last year; I'll probably upgrade soon).
Had a clarinet--my first instrument--but stupidly loaned it to someone and never got it back. Also had an alto sax but gave it to my sister (who later sold it). Also once had a Selmer Omega tenor, but it was stolen after a gig.

Daughter plays violin
Son - Grand piano, clarinet
I fool around with Fender strat, Musicmaster bass, two classical guitars

My wife has an open back banjo.
Step daughter has a junior size banjo.
Step son has a trumpet. He is in honors band.
I have a Native American flute.
There is a fiddle in the house, but no one has learned how to play it.

Piano, harpsichord, flute, acoustic electric guitar, saxophone, Japanese lute, mandolin, some other weird string instruments.

We have various acoustic and electric guitars. An acoustic bass. Casio keys. Violin and Viola. Half dozen mouth harps. Congas and djembe. Tambourine and various shakers and rattles. Bells...even a cow bell!

My wife has an open back banjo.
Step daughter has a junior size banjo.
Step son has a trumpet. He is in honors band.
I have a Native American flute.
There is a fiddle in the house, but no one has learned how to play it.
Just added a new Ukelele. My wife wanted one for Christmas

I'm not going to be specific unless someone questions about details.
2 Bb trumpets
1 C trumpet
4 cornets
1 fluegelhorn
1 double horn
1 Bb single horn
2 baritone horns, 1 trombone (high pitch)
3 Eb alto horns
1 Wagner tuba
1 soprano recorder
1 fife
1 snare drum and stand
1 bird whistle (water type)
----------
NO guitars or such
---------
If I had an acoustic guitar, it would be a lute instead, which IMO sound much better. But I won't have once since I'd much rather listen to someone who plays one well, than try to learn how to play one using all those fingers.

Last edited:
I posted in the thread about a decade ago... not a lot of big changes other than I'm using a 40 watt tube head instead of 400 watts!!! (I've mostly given up on the local pool of musicians, so I don't need stage volume)... and I've gone back to Bag End cabinets like I used for most of my career. Here are some shots from my mancave/home studio

20151003-Bee.jpg

20170101_wall.jpg

20161215_urb.jpg

Last edited:
My asshole. Plus it's not just in the house, but I carry it with me everywhere I go. I play it a lot too. My girlfriend won't let me play it around her, but when my brother and I get together...........Boy Howdy. Nothing but the classics. Anybody for a little elevator music.

OK, I'm sorry. I just got off a 12 hour night shift and I'm a little goofy right now. The title of the thread got to me.

My asshole. Plus it's not just in the house, but I carry it with me everywhere I go. I play it a lot too. My girlfriend won't let me play it around her, but when my brother and I get together...........Boy Howdy. Nothing but the classics. Anybody for a little elevator music.

OK, I'm sorry. I just got off a 12 hour night shift and I'm a little goofy right now. The title of the thread got to me.

Does that qualify as a wind instrument?

Two Fender basses (a J and a P)
One Squier Jazz bass
Steamer trunk full of electric bass accessories
Rhodes piano (88 key stage model)
various shakers, clackers, tambourines, etc.
Stupid array of bass amplifiers

Back
Top Bottom