What musical instruments do you have in the house?

Thanks for the Heads up

The vox !! They call it here a buskers amp here , it can be run on a battery for a very long time, and it plugs in the mains of course. Made by Korg. Has some great facilities on the top . Drum machine and sound effects Microphone socket head phone output ,

Attachments

• P1020942.JPG
    P1020942.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 5
A little bigger than this little 2 watter that I just bought on a whim. Battery or wall brick. Gain, reverb, chorus, tremolo, drum machine and headphone jack. About 7" x 5" x 3". A ton of fun for 30 bucks!

I also have a Vox AC4C1-12 that I'm trying to get use to.

001.JPG

Last edited:
here in uk a lot people buy there on a whim stuff in https://www.gumtree.com/bournemouth look under musical instruments

I got told of for buying a new guitar. Told never to do that again. the guy was in the opinion that The amount of work that needs doing to get the guitar properly setup. why pay that he argues when you go into a second hand store and play with all the guitars till you find one that fits you and you can play. all the setting up work been done

JohnMac...is that an old Realistic Solo-1 you have the little Vox on? Nice idea!

At this moment, 3 acoustic guitars two electrics, and way too many amps...
(Guild (USA), Huss & Dalton, Fender, Vox, Laney...)

Larrivee six string bass.
10001381_875291835818043_694873893_n.jpg

1004843_875291822484711_1738430674_n.jpg

Back of the Tenor Ukulele I built. Nice maple. No finished pics handy but it has a spruce top.
10537071_981155771898315_2332247638873806930_n.jpg

10374993_991704260843466_4059293628719576968_n.jpg

Larrivee OM
10399886_101770369836864_2900958_n.jpg

Larrivee Forum III. Limited edition and signed.
39624_151517111528856_1681746_n.jpg

OM, 4 string electric bass, Five String Acoustic Bass custom (Designed for a high C string. There are two like this. Mike Manring has the other).
All made by Larrivee. Jean is really an artist. There is also a Dreadnaught that I don't have a handy picture of.

10399886_101770366503531_2944352_n.jpg

Mandolin I built a few years ago

10399886_101770409836860_469235_n.jpg

Several other instruments around here but these are the guys in my office where I listen to music.

Already posted here about my Kurzweil 2500X but need to add that winter is a great time to have an instrument.

Currently a Kimball Console Piano, and a 1968 Ovation Classical Guitar.
Regards,
Jim

Several electric guitars and amps, 3 acoustic guitars, a guitalele, an 88 key yamaha weighted key keyboard, and an acoustic kawai piano. And a couple hand drums.

Acoustic guitars
•Martin DM
•Martin X Series
•Ibanez AW open pore acoustic (incredible sound for under $150)
•Yamaha Junior
•Epiphone Hummingbird Artist
+3 Parlor size guitars, 2 project guitars, 2 Yamaha FG-somethings

‘Lectric Gits
2 Epiphone Les Pauls (one is a Jim Beam custom)
2 Silvertone strat-types
1 custom Supergirl guitar (which I’m planning on making into a bass)
My baby that spent 7 years in a grunge band and ALWAYS stayed in tune, G&L Legacy, USA made, with a locked down tremolo, in duck-shit sparkle. I custom made a pick-guard out of birch, the stark white was just so...white. 5BDB92AE-9809-4B14-A163-F1E65165BF88.jpeg

Next time, bass guitars and amplifiers.

here in uk a lot people buy there on a whim stuff in https://www.gumtree.com/bournemouth look under musical instruments

I got told of for buying a new guitar. Told never to do that again. the guy was in the opinion that The amount of work that needs doing to get the guitar properly setup. why pay that he argues when you go into a second hand store and play with all the guitars till you find one that fits you and you can play. all the setting up work been done
I have to agree, there, mostly. Second hand instruments have settled into themselves, and usually the first scratch or dent is already there, so there’s none of that fuss when you accidentally bang headstocks with the other guitar player, or a strap lets loose.
However, I always take my guitars to have them set up for the way I play by my local luthier. Especially the acoustics. Makes a HUGE difference to pick up a guy that feels good. (Autocorrect changed “git” there, but I’m sticking with its recommendation)

I seldom buy new gear but had an itch to try bass so I just added a Squier VM Jaguar short scale bass and a Fender Rumble 40 to my list.

People do seem to like the Squier Jaguar basses, also the Bronco , I believe it’s called. Fender soured me on their Squire line with their first release of the Squier Strats. Pure rubbish, in my opinion. I heard they did improve, but fool me once...
I’ll stick with my Ibanez Soundgear Mikro or my new Kala Ubass for short scale playin’.

I did consider the Ibanez Mikro and the Rogue VB100 Beatle bass just for the fun factor. I'll be watching for both of those on the used market.

BTW, I have a couple of Squier Strats that I modified that might change your mind about the brand. It's all in the hardware, electronics and setup. ;)

I have to agree, there, mostly. Second hand instruments have settled into themselves, and usually the first scratch or dent is already there, so there’s none of that fuss when you accidentally bang headstocks with the other guitar player, or a strap lets loose.
However, I always take my guitars to have them set up for the way I play by my local luthier. Especially the acoustics. Makes a HUGE difference to pick up a guy that feels good. (Autocorrect changed “git” there, but I’m sticking with its recommendation)

here's mine Mike quite infamous lot of people know him as Mac Hes worked for the rich and not so Famous fine player himself has a singing family

https://www.facebook.com/guitarrepairshed

work being done on mine: https://tinyurl.com/yb25nwpv

my guitar at Guitar repair shed week after i bought it The reason it was here My friend Dave bought a cheap stat look a like from a junk store he took the strings of got a file and flatten the frets. he messed around with other stuff that was beyond my knowledge. when i picked up his guitar after he finished wow. Was so dam easy to play. So I took mine to mike to get it the same

here she is the epiphone dot look out for the dog - seriously

I've got a Fender F35 acoustic that I bot around 45 years ago. It has developed a gorgeous tone, and with a little neck work over the years, it plays beautifully.

Dave

I know it's an older post, but my first guitar was a Fender F35, also just about 45 years ago. Sold it when I got married and it was 15 years before I had another guitar.

I also had to give up my Wurlitzer 4500 and Leslie when I got married. By the time we had room for it, our family fell apart and I think my cousin used it as firewood...I need to get a Hammond some day.

Current stable:

Taylor 110
Yamaha TRBX
Carvin DC127
Strat clone - My build :)
Fender Mexican Tele
Fender Strat
Fender CS Bonnie Raitt Sig Strat
Gibson LP Std
Gibson LP Classic
Gibson LP 50s Tribute
Gibson ES-330

Cox Amps Fender 5E3 clone
VOX AC15HTVH
Custom Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb Clone ("Brownface" channel one, "Blackface" channel two, reverb/tremolo on channel one and two)
1970s Fender Silver-Face Champ
1960s Silvertone
1950s Valco Supreme
Vintage 47 Oahu prototype
A couple speaker cabs...

Back
Top Bottom