What obscure 60's & 70's rock are you listening to right now?

Eywadude

Lunatic Member
This is a thread for all the obscure, little-known, and otherwise hard do find rock bands from the 60's & 70's. Show me what you've got! It can be anything from straight rock, to hard rock, blues rock, prog rock, psychedelic, space rock, stoner rock, garage rock, acid rock, folk rock, metal, early electronic music - pretty much anything goes really, as long as it is some kind of 60's & 70's rock music! It can also be from anywhere in the world too. Anywhere from North America, Europe, Japan, Australia, South America, etc. It doesn't really matter where it comes from, just as long as it is some kind of rock genre and it is fairly obscure, post it here! Oh, and if you can, posting videos is highly encouraged so we can all hear what you are enjoying! Post as many and as much as you like! :)

This thread is all about sharing all those hidden jewels; learning about what is out there, and keeping this great music and valuable knowledge base alive so this stuff doesn't just wither away into distant memories to be eventually forgotten.

There are only a couple rules though:

1. Whatever you post must be some kind of rock genre. Really, anything goes as long as it is some kind of rock-based music from the 60's & 70's. No, country, soul, reggae, disco, etc.! :p

2. Also, no posting "rare" recordings by well-known bands. This thread is for us rock heads out there who love the lesser-known and the obscure! ;)

Now lets get posting! :)

Here are some entries from me to get things started:

Now you go! :).....

Last edited:
nice but to me, 60's and 70's rock is the worlds all time most over played genre. It's got to be VERY obscure if it's from this era and still not know.

hard to believe a jewel could be left unearthed...

but, enjoy!

Good stuff guys! :)

@BLAH BLAH
Blackfeather....At the mountain of madness...

That's a good album! Hadn't heard that one yet. As an Aussie, I am sure you may have heard of this band already, but for those who haven't, here is another rare Australian one-off album by a band called Flake. Nice and tight. Good musicianship. :)

I also specifically listened to this...

...and this...

...every morning this past July when I was on a one week hiking trip in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the U.S. I would wake up, throw on my headphones and listen to those two songs and the rest of the album while still in my sleeping bag. I'll always connect that album to the experience I had there last year. Listening to it takes me right back to being in my sleeping bag in my dewy tent in the mountains of Colorado. :)

Last edited:
I don't believe they are well-known, so I will post here. They are well known to those who maybe like excellent music. LOL

Glass Harp - Synergy

Silver Apples - "Program" (1968)

Silver-Apples.jpg

The Young Flowers (Blomsterpistolen album, 1968)

OK these are big pix but one thing (among many) I like about the new forum software is that it is more "forgiving" of big pix. So here goes nothing ...

HGRC_1.jpg

HGRC_2.jpg

HCRC_3.jpg

HGRC_4.jpg

Sleeve is gone and a spider laid a bunch of eggs on side 2.

Back
Top Bottom