What or who would you like to see at AK Fest ?

I'll vote no on the naked women...and I'm bringing my own handsome guy so I don't need to have any naked men added to the mix either...

...and isn't Sorasound in Chicago now? That's even pretty close.

I'm new to turntables and would love to see a demonstation on how to align a new cartridge on them.

I'm new to turntables and would love to see a demonstation on how to align a new cartridge on them.

You should really think about getting Fremer's DVD - 21st Century Audio. He shows setup on several different tables using different tools. It's pretty informative.

Naked men now that is gross well outside of me with an AudioKarma thong.:thmbsp:

Anyways this is want l would like to see.:banana:

Imagine it is late Friday night.

1. There is a gathering in Grumpy's room with the Grumpster as host providing beer and serving it of course to the crowd.

2. The music will be provided on an excellent "Solid State" base system tweak by no other than Nos Values.

3. Oh did l mention only vinyl as the source, specifically Grumpy's turntable. Music could be anything as long as it wasn't rap or chants.

4. Now Venus Hi Fi would provide the cables and interconnects not that they make any different but the owner is such a nice guy.

5. Between the music there would be discussions on any subject for example "the natural superiority of the male species" led by jcmjrt; or "Why real men prefer solid state components" led by well there are several candidates l can think of.:yes:

6. Chicken wings, tacos, and other spicy foods would be available.

7. Toasted Almond would make a surprise appearance and engage in a debate with tentoze about each other's sexual preference relative to goats.:D

Naked men now that is gross well outside of me with an AudioKarma thong.:thmbsp:

Anyways this is want l would like to see.:banana:

Imagine it is late Friday night.

1. There is a gathering in Grumpy's room with the Grumpster as host providing beer and serving it of course to the crowd.

2. The music will be provided on an excellent "Solid State" base system tweak by no other than Nos Values.

3. Oh did l mention only vinyl as the source, specifically Grumpy's turntable. Music could be anything as long as it wasn't rap or chants.

4. Now Venus Hi Fi would provide the cables and interconnects not that they make any different but the owner is such a nice guy.

5. Between the music there would be discussions on any subject for example "the natural superiority of the male species" led by jcmjrt; or "Why real men prefer solid state components" led by well there are several candidates l can think of.:yes:

6. Chicken wings, tacos, and other spicy foods would be available.

7. Toasted Almond would make a surprise appearance and engage in a debate with tentoze about each other's sexual preference relative to goats.:D

I thought Canada had a free health care system but if you need donations to be able to afford the meds, please let us know.

Hey, are you bringing records this year? I always leave a spare suitcase for the important stuff. :)

1. I'd like to see a winning raffle/door prize/what every ticket in my hand as the number is being announced.

2. A number of under $500.00 Phono Pre's and DAC's to compare

3. Not a big live music fan but I would still enjoy some good guitar playing.

4. Most, Ok some, Fine a few of the guys I talk to in Chat all the time.

5. Modge laying under a hall table passed out about 10pm on Sat night.

6. Seth from Soundstage Direct I got an urge to shake his hand and say thanks for something recently.

7. A stack of Pink Floyd Bootleg Records still sealed with $10.00 price tags.

8. Breakfast Sunday morning (can only mean one thing I lived through Saturday night!!!)

9. OK now I'm stumped.

10. All kidding aside All I want is to see everything and everybody and hear it all.

1. I'd like to see a winning raffle/door prize/what every ticket in my hand as the number is being announced.

2. A number of under $500.00 Phono Pre's and DAC's to compare

3. Not a big live music fan but I would still enjoy some good guitar playing.

4. Most, Ok some, Fine a few of the guys I talk to in Chat all the time.

5. Modge laying under a hall table passed out about 10pm on Sat night.

6. Seth from Soundstage Direct I got an urge to shake his hand and say thanks for something recently.

7. A stack of Pink Floyd Bootleg Records still sealed with $10.00 price tags.

8. Breakfast Sunday morning (can only mean one thing I lived through Saturday night!!!)

9. OK now I'm stumped.

10. All kidding aside All I want is to see everything and everybody and hear it all.

#5 seems like its a possibility:D

Amplifier design class?

This may have been mentioned many times before, but I would be interested in a tutorial session on designing amplifiers (tube or solid state). There are many gurus on AK who would, IMO, be easily able to conduct such a session.

Just a couple of basic designs - single-ended, and push-pull, and possibly some exercises with a simulation tool like LTSpice - would be great.

I can always read a book and figure it out, but having things explained by a teacher, and visualizing it with a simulation tool would help a lot.

Ashok

How about a demo of reel-to-reel tape deck cleaning and calibration? (They can use my Otari 5050MX. Speaking of which, if there's a chance of local folks performing live who wouldn't mind being recorded, I'd bring along my mics and tube mic pre. Playback in the AN room later . . . .

Bolly, Modge, Bricktop, Jaymanna, PakProtecter, anyone else... im sorry i forgot your name.... oh and free vinyl

How about a demo of reel-to-reel tape deck cleaning and calibration? (They can use my Otari 5050MX. Speaking of which, if there's a chance of local folks performing live who wouldn't mind being recorded, I'd bring along my mics and tube mic pre. Playback in the AN room later . . . .

I will pass this request along to Mr. Al Sadi and report back. Thanks

grumpy

IF I could go, I would love to see:

1. Loudspeaker Design; Different Philosphies and design types accompanied by Important Historical Examples.

2. Turntable Setup (seconded from above). A video is one thing, seeing it and doing it hands on is another.

3. Vinyl Care Class, showing how to clean, care for and store your vinyl collection.

4. Richard Vandersteen

5. Bob Carver

Just a few of the things and people that I would love to see.......

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

What would I like to see at this years AK Fest?

Oh dear God, the Tooth Fairy, or Grumpy...
Please let there be more hot single chicks who love audio and love audio geeks! :thmbsp:
Or at least (girls) who find guys with record collections interesting. :scratch2:

Happy Listening! :beatnik:

Back
Top Bottom