What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Playgrading a new find.
Nazz Nazz
-B/-A, B'Way.
QJgtJTK.jpg

Took out my first press Something Else by Cannonball (and company). This is one of a handful of OP BN I got from my mom's collection that sat for 40 years (she died young) in a box my brother kept moving around with him. An amazing copy of an amazing LP that also has deep, deep sentimental value. This one has yet to see my US wash and may even get better! Hardly any crackle at all now. The RVG mono mix on this makes me keep looking over my shoulder to see the band. Sounds not only live, but alive.

Yummy!

PS: surprised this is in such fine shape because I know she used a "record changer" and stacked these to play. She even put "spacers" on label to keep vinyl from touching and maybe that is why? Deterred the value of the label but preserved the vinyl.

This record is so good I feel like I should (but likely won't LOL) make it available for lending to those who have never heard an RVG ear OP BN.

Took out my first press Something Else by Cannonball (and company). This is one of a handful of OP BN I got from my mom's collection that sat for 40 years (she died young) in a box my brother kept moving around with him. An amazing copy of an amazing LP that also has deep, deep sentimental value. This one has yet to see my US wash and may even get better! Hardly any crackle at all now. The RVG mono mix on this makes me keep looking over my shoulder to see the band. Sounds not only live, but alive.

Yummy!

PS: surprised this is in such fine shape because I know she used a "record changer" and stacked these to play. She even put "spacers" on label to keep vinyl from touching and maybe that is why? Deterred the value of the label but preserved the vinyl.

This record is so good I feel like I should (but likely won't LOL) make it available for lending to those who have never heard an RVG ear OP BN.

What's an OP BN?

Back
Top Bottom