What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Only me and my wife. ;) I don't have any Mamas and Papas. He likes The Monkees, KISS, Elvis, Dale Watson, Johnny Cash, and Journey. Even though his favorite song is Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake, his favorite band is The Beatles. I'm still trying to work my way up to being his favorite singer. :rflmao:

He probably says to you while your singing along "Ah Dad, give it up". :D

IMG_9190.JPG IMG_9191.JPG

Planet Waves is Bob Dylan & The Band reunited in 1974. Notable for the bouncy "Forever Young" and almost nothing else. Took it off because Forever Young is the only Dylan song my wife can stand. It's a glaring flaw I overlook because she's purty.

The Weakerthans are, hands down, a unanimous bet in this house. Ottoman rock.

That's great your music genre is expanding! :thumbsup: They certainly don't make music like that anymore! I mostly listen to music from the '50's, '60's & '70's. ;)

Thanks - I listen to a bit of almost everything, with the exception of “angry music”. Music should be fun and pleasant. Life’s too short for unpleasant music and most of us here probably know what sort of music that is. Been buying more and more LP’s from the ‘50s and ‘60s - much of it vocalists, lounge and jazzy easy listening. I think this stuff is overlooked these days for not being “cool”. Been picking up good collections of Englebert Humperdinck, Jack Jones, Ed Ames, Frankie Laine, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Bobby Vinton, Bing Crosby, Jo Stafford.. also lots of Pete Fountain & Al Hirt. Most of it’s in very good shape too. Thankfully, I found a nearby thrift store with a -basement full- of donated records - @ 33¢ each! People who walk in, don’t even know they have ‘em. Makes it easy trying different things at that price. (and no, I’m not sharing their location..)

My collection has grown quite a bit over the past couple years and my tastes have grown as well. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom