What Record Are You Hearing Now?

GET THIS ALBUM!! It's Quincy's Jazz from the 1960's! :music: Excellent album!! The album cover doesn't go with the music! I was expecting some Soul, but was pleasantly surprised to hear gorgeous Jazz music that Quincy did from the 1960s. Sound quality is excellent!

Did some research. Jazz from his big band era. I’ll be looking for it my friend.

AFF4B600-90B7-4AD4-8FD1-42D1B218888A.jpeg

I thought Thus was my Mom’s copy but all of my Mom’s records are still at my grandparents house. I need to go get those. If my sisters want them I’ll let them have their pick. I have cleaner copies of most of them now anyway. This was a garage sale grab from a long while ago. It’s in very good shape.

EAGLES hell freezes over
Hell-Freezes-Over-3.jpg

Hell-Freezes-Over-1.jpg

Hell-Freezes-Over-2.jpg

listening to the same for the first time

View attachment 1454617

I thought Thus was my Mom’s copy but all of my Mom’s records are still at my grandparents house. I need to go get those. If my sisters want them I’ll let them have their pick. I have cleaner copies of most of them now anyway. This was a garage sale grab from a long while ago. It’s in very good shape.

..and playing on a proper, vintage table. ^_^

My Stanton 681EEE likes Nancy and Cannonball. Some if these vintage cartridges and old recordings just sound right together. I’m am so lucky to have found a 681 with a stock stylus.

Had a Stanton 681 EEE-S with an Stereohedron original stylus! Sold it, what was I thinking!! Hang onto that 681!! My Audio Technica VM540ML sounds fantastic with this Quincy Jones album! For mono, it's definitely my Grado ME+ mono cartridge!

I feel like my Mom of all people would be quite happy for me in my acquisition. At one point during one of her many marriages, she and her husband had 3,000 records between them, and a mess of gear. I often wonder where it all went, because he took off in an RV.

Do you know what albums your mom still has?

There’s 2 crates. I haven’t looked st them since she passed ten years ago, and that was right after. All 70’s rock and country, so pretty much up my alley. I remember the Big Brother because I always liked the cover as a kid.

Sorry to hear your mom has passed. Cherish those records! I'm sure they mean a great deal to you. I have some albums from my parents and even grandparents.

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass " Whipped Cream & Other Delights " ( 1965 ):

View attachment 1454644 View attachment 1454645

An awesome album that I think goes a bit under appreciated these days. I always pick up decent copies when I find ‘em at the Willie. Think I’m up to a good half dozen now, both mono and stereo. One of the first albums I remember my dad buying when I was little.

Back
Top Bottom