What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Currently, Stan Gets / Chic Corea / Bill Evans on my "office" system.

Prior to that a really interesting album that I picked up at my favorite charity thrift for two bits. I can't name the title because it's in Japanese.

The songs and the artists are listed in English. All Japanese names except for Gary Peacock on Bass.

'77 copyright.

Cool blend of traditional sounding (to me) Japanese music and American smooth jazz featuring piano, bass, and drums.

Anyone familiar with it?

cover.jpg

Beatles For Sale

"BEATLES FOR SALE": Parlophone/EMI 180-gram vinyl reissue stereo gatefold LP played by a Signet TK1E cartridge with Signet TKN1 stylus on a Kenwood KD-5066 turntable through a Kenwood KA-7002 amplifier driving University Medallion XII and Pioneer CS-A31 speakers. Sounding sweet so far. Actually, really, really sweet, musical and detailed. Never heard the musical instruments this clear and true before. And nearly dead quiet between tracks.

BeatlesForSale.jpg

Last edited:
Please Please Me

"PLEASE PLEASE ME": Parlophone/EMI 180-gram vinyl reissue stereo LP played by a Realistic R700E cartridge with Shure N75ED-T2 stylus on a Kenwood KD-5066 turntable through a Kenwood KA-7002 amplifier driving University Medallion XII and Pioneer CS-A31 speakers. Sounds sweet, musical and detailed with the musical instruments clear and true. And nearly dead quiet between tracks.

PleasePleaseMe.jpg

With the Beatles

"WITH THE BEATLES": And now, ladies and gentlemen (drum roll, please) the record album that changed my life - "Meet the Beatles." This is the British version, "With the Beatles" a Parlophone/EMI 180-gram vinyl reissue stereo LP played by a SHURE V15 Type II cartridge with Shure N75ED-T2 stylus tracking at 1.5g on a Dual 1219 turntable through a Kenwood KA-7002 amplifier driving University Medallion XII and Pioneer CS-A31 speakers. Thank you John, Paul, George and Ringo for bringing immeasurable joy to my life.

WithTheBeatles.jpg

Rubber Soul

"RUBBER SOUL": Parlophone/EMI 180-gram vinyl reissue stereo LP played by a Signet TK1E cartridge with Signet TKN1 stylus tracking at 1.5g on a Kenwood KD-5066 turntable through a Kenwood KA-7002 amplifier driving University Medallion XII and Pioneer CS-A31 speakers.

RubberSoul.jpg

Revolver

"REVOLVER": Parlophone/EMI 180-gram vinyl reissue stereo LP played by a Grado JG cartridge with Grado Green stylus tracking at 1.5g on a Elac Miracord 45 turntable through a Kenwood KA-7002 amplifier driving University Medallion XII and Pioneer CS-A31 speakers.

Revolver.jpg

in order tonight--
Rolling Stones--Hot Rocks..
Van Halen--Van Halen II
Yes--Yessongs(sides 1, 2)

now rocking the house--ZZ Top Eliminator!!:banana:

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

"SGT. PEPPER's LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND": And then there was this. Ground-breaking in every way. Parlophone/EMI 180-gram vinyl reissue stereo LP played by a Realistic R700E cartridge with Jico N75ED/2 SAS stylus tracking at 1.5g on a Elac Miracord 45 turntable through a Kenwood KA-7002 amplifier driving University Medallion XII and Pioneer CS-A31 speakers.

SgtPepper.jpg

Back
Top Bottom