What Service Has The Best Jazz Catalog?

Leebob

A Man In The Crowd
I have only used free streaming services in the past. What do you Jazz lovers out there use? Who do you think has the best catalog?

Lee

Spotify Premium has a really good jazz catalog. Most of the stuff I see in the Jazz thread I can usually find on Spotify to listen to. Even if that album is not available the artist will typically have other albums available.

Great sound quality and totally worth the 9.99 a month. It is easily the best investment a music lover can make. No contracts and stop whenever you like.

Spotify Premium and a few CCA's hooked up to my old systems has made life very good for me :)

Eric
I too have 2 CCA's and 2 regular chromecasts, the 2nd was purchased yesterday. I thought about a 3rd CCA but couldn't pull the trigger(for the garage). As much as I spend on music each month 9.99 is not a deal breaker. I have held off on paying for streaming by telling myself "why rent your music?". I did not know you can download music to use offline. Load up the Fiio X1 with new music for my morning walk:thumbsup: Thank you Eric!

I subscribe to Radiotunes in order to avoid commercials and get 320k streaming. The subscription gives you access to Rockradio and Jazzradio as well. Radiotunes has a couple of good jazz channels and Jazzradio has every subgenre you can think of. Latin Jazz, Swing, Fusion, Bossa Nova, Hard Bop, Bebop... you get the idea. Same for Rockradio, I had no idea that Melodic Death Metal was a thing!

Great catalog on all their channels.

I figured out how to stream their channels through Volumio and use that at home and my phone in the car via bluetooth. They have Android and iOS apps and are great about constantly improving and fixing them.

I too have 2 CCA's and 2 regular chromecasts, the 2nd was purchased yesterday. I thought about a 3rd CCA but couldn't pull the trigger(for the garage). As much as I spend on music each month 9.99 is not a deal breaker. I have held off on paying for streaming by telling myself "why rent your music?". I did not know you can download music to use offline. Load up the Fiio X1 with new music for my morning walk:thumbsup: Thank you Eric!

$25 atm in the Google store :cool:

Eric

$25 atm in the Google store :cool:

Eric
Eric, i guess I'm a little slow. Can you explain that for me?
I'm listening on the web player now(free) and it allows me to search. Listening to Tommy Flanagan's album Lucky To Be Me. Will they cut me off from playing entire albums soon?

I'm listening on the web player now(free) and it allows me to search. Listening to Tommy Flanagan's album Lucky To Be Me. Will they cut me off from playing entire albums soon?
Eric is this like the Spotify gift cards I see at best buy?

Did you sign up for Premium ? If you did, make sure you change the preferences to "High Quality Streaming" so you can take advantage of the 320kbs bit rate. You might also want to ditch the web player and download the Spotify Program. Much easier to use and runs separately while your doing other things and no browser is needed.

Did you sign up for Premium ? If you did, make sure you change the preferences to "High Quality Streaming" so you can take advantage of the 320kbs bit rate. You might also want to ditch the web player and download the Spotify Program. Much easier to use and runs separately while your doing other things and no browser is needed.
No not yet. :dunno: Still playing around. Thanks for the tips.

Haha, I meant the CCA's are on sale atm.

Eric

Have the web player open on computer ,usb out to Schitt Multibit all remotely controlled on my nexus tablet. Even at what ever bit rate free is, sounds good. Art Farmer-Brass Shout:thumbsup:

I subscribe to Radiotunes in order to avoid commercials and get 320k streaming. The subscription gives you access to Rockradio and Jazzradio as well. Radiotunes has a couple of good jazz channels and Jazzradio has every subgenre you can think of. Latin Jazz, Swing, Fusion, Bossa Nova, Hard Bop, Bebop... you get the idea. Same for Rockradio, I had no idea that Melodic Death Metal was a thing!

Great catalog on all their channels.

I figured out how to stream their channels through Volumio and use that at home and my phone in the car via bluetooth. They have Android and iOS apps and are great about constantly improving and fixing them.
Thanks Greg, I will check it out . I think maybe I've listened to Jazzradio before.:thumbsup:

Jazz fan ... but it's not my main musical genre.

I stream Tidal at 320kbps AAC ... I like Blue Note recordings .... I just copied a box set list of Blue Note CD's artist/album ... RVG remasters.
Then I select titles from that list to stream ... never had a problem finding any ... that I can recall anyway.

Back
Top Bottom