Votes: 34 36.6%
  • 2nd

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • 3rd

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Other, (non-traditional)

Votes: 40 43.0%

• Total voters
7am to 3 .. Ive been powder coating for about a year now in a huge drive thru type booth, painting of all things,, huge roof fans..(think motels, stadiums, etc..) it will bore the living shit outta you if your not careful.. i find that hungover is usually the best way to go in..:beerchug:..

Basically 7:30am - 4 pm, but its somewhat variable depending on needs. Last week Monday was 7:30 am - 11 pm. This week so far has been Monday 5 am - 5:30 pm and Teusday 6:30 am - 5:30 pm. Tomorrow it will be 7 am to something, and maybe a return visit at some odd hour of the night if we're ready to drop the conveyor back together and test run. I hope not, coming in with very little sleep to re-assemble all that stuff is hard work.

Just got approved for 9/80's at work. So I work 80 hours in 9 weekdays and get the 10th weekday off. Generally pull around a 6:00am-ish to 3:30pm-ish.

I am a musician…so I keep late hours!
Not a morning person at all…I enjoy sunrises and then going to bed.:beatnik:
Old habits are hard to break!

BTO summed it up perfect for me with this song!
Blue Collar :rockon:

Cheers
PQ

No.... seriously, I often get assigned a "shift" and then the relief person doesn't show negating the entire concept of a time start and finish.

So.... I have accepted the fact that due to a rip in the time-fabric of space, some persons no longer honor "shifts".

I usually go home after tiring from waiting.. calling.. or guessing when they will show up:rolleyes:.

I am self employed so I work when my clients want me to which is usually evenings and weekends. The life of a Realtor. :)

930 pm to 6 am for 30 yrs. But for the last 6 yrs. I've been working the retirement shift and loving it!

Work a military Panama schedule. 2 on, 3 off, 3 on, 2 off for a month then swap between days and nights.

Just curious. I'm a second shifter, (just waiting till June, and I may go to first).
I'm a foreign language teacher at the high school level, so I work a very traditional first shift. Personally, as I am not a morning person, I think a nice shift from say noon to 8pm would be much better for me ;)

The Manufacturer I work has had 2 shifts in the past for some departments, but that is no longer. I've worked 7 to 4 for going on 16 years and that works out fine for me. I've worked 3 shifts before and never could get used to it. The graveyard shift is not my favorite!!

1st shift for me has been the midnight shift. I work with NYC Subways. Have been midnight for about 18 years.

12hr swings. 7am to 7pm or vice versa. But I do get 7 days off in a row every month and never have to work more than 4 in a row.

I'm a second (Swing) Shift 2 pm to 10pm Sunday through Thursday. I pulled a 6th day Friday and realized how good the first shift have it. Next to zero traffic inbound and outbound. And talk about shiftless SOB's. Actually a really boring shift, I much prefer to work with my colleague we get shift done :smoke:

Back
Top Bottom