What tape (any format) are you playing now?

43652969662_1fd5af00dd_o.jpg

Sinatra: A Man and His Music

Frank Sinatra

1965 Reprise FST-1016P 4-Track 3¾ IPS

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

A home made cassette recording of Jeff Beck's 'Guitar Shop', I recorded in the '80s at 1 7/8
IPS.

I haven't heard some of these tapes in decades. Exceptional sound though, from a BIC T-3.

Lu.

John Mellencamp's 'American Fool'. Another cassette tape at, 1 7/8 IPS, on Maxell XL-llS recorded on an 'average' Sony, in the '80s.

I've got the Pb. levels set and 'Man', the T-3 really complements those old recordings.

Lu.

Greetings from RojoLand!

Right now (1:55 PM PDT, 11 Aug 2018) I'm nearing the end of side A of a reel of Scotch 203, one of four recently acquired; dubs of American Airlines "Astrovision" tapes. This one, unfortunately, has no written program notes or label, so I don't know which program of the dozens made it is. Anyone know if a playlist for these tapes exists? This one started out with "Tara's Theme;" it's mostly instrumental but has a few vocal sides. I'm not terrifically familiar with this "newer" stuff from the 1960s; 1920s-'40s music is more my type.

Take care,

J. E. Knox "The Victor Freak"

Another cassette tape recorded in the '80s.

A side, Beethoven's Seventh Symphony.

B side, Vivaldi's The Four Seasons.

A nice listen and I believe I sourced LP records. I don't know what orchestras, but I might be able to find those albums again. They're still here.

Lu.

Ministry - The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste (Sire/Warner Bros. 9 26004-4), cassette tape, clear cassette body, medium brown tape color, Dolby HX Pro B NR

Danj mentioning Van Morrison, I have his 'Moondance' album on the 'A' side of a cassette, with Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here', on side 'B'.

'Did a lot of cassette recording back in the '80s. I have shoe boxes full of them.

Lu.

Back
Top Bottom