What to buy? DV-09 vs DVD-5000

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
Okay I'm going to let my fellow Ak'ers help me choose my next CD transport. Both of the contenders are from the very late 90's and are intended to be used as DVD players. I have no use for a DVD player, my intention is to use one as a transport with my Museatex Melior IDAT DAC. Both players are very solid with full copper chassis'. Both are just a shade over 40#. Both were ridiculously expensive when released. The Pioneer was $2,100 USD and the Denon even more at $2,500 USD. Both come with full function remotes and manuals. I figure I can get either one for about $400 USD. Money not being a factor which one would YOU choose?

This is the DV-09. I have owned one of these in the past and do have a soft spot for it.

I like the Denon,but check with Reyneman,he has a dandy DVD that has a control to dhift off the video filter(does that make sense)
He raves about it and we all know the Reyneman has exceptional taste in gear

C'ya Mike and Good Luck

Alan

Where can I get a DVD-5000 for 400$ ? Audiogon? I, too, need a new transport. Can ya keep an eye open for me? I'll do the same. I'm looking towards a Denon as I am partial to their eqp.

v/r
Jon

I've only heard both with their on-board DACs, the Pioneer easily out-performed the Denon.

As a transport ...???

There's also the Sony DVP-S7700 or S7000, both of which make great transports and probably a few hundred less than the Pioneer/Denon.

A Pioneer DV-717 (similar to the US DV-09)/ Sony 7700 comparison a few years ago put the Sony ahead.

Back
Top Bottom