What TT's do you folks have

GTF, that's a very nice set-up you have there. What's the rest of your system?

I use a RATA platform with my Yammie so understand what they do but what is the RATA kit for the Linn?

Thoots, all your gear look like they just came out of the box! Very nice tt's. hope all this talk will get you spinning more vinyl.:p:

Jack

Cool thread, love all the TT's. I have a Dual 1019, completely gutted of all internal automation. I have a swtich to start the motor and that's it. no auto return or nothing. I also replaced the power cord and took of the interconnects and replaced with gold plated RCA's. The cartridge is a budget Grado for now. the turntable had an empire, but i need to get a new needle for it. Oh buy the way, the TT cost me $5 cdn at Value Village (that's with the 300cdn empire cart.) and five bucks for the switch.

shibby

Just thought this would be a good thread to head the TT forum with. Sides we have 114 members and I find it hard to believe that none of you other guys dont have a TT. Come on fess up what do you have hiding in your system. Aint nuthin to be ashamed of.

Dave

With TT's, nothing too obscure with me- I have the well-known Technics SL-D2 which I like alot. Bought it new as a teenager and it always has ran 100%. Wish I had taken better care of it as I do with all my stuff now, in that the some parts of the finish are discolored and the dustcover hinges in the back snapped off. I havent really used it much in the last ten years since I went over to the "CD-zone". I would like to set it up again and see how all my 'ol albums sound, does anyone have any recommendations on what a good cartridge for this model would be- would something like a Grado ZCE+1 be okay?

The other TT that I always found interesting was the Accutrac- anyone remember those?-> had that robot-head remote and you could select tracks via buttons on the TT, etc... pretty cool and definitely ahead of its time. A few do appear on Ebay from time to time.

I'm still using my Technics SL-Q200 I bought in 1982. I'm using a Grado Black cartridge on it that I got for Christmas a few years back & it still works great!

Someday I'd really like a Thorens though.

mOOn

harman/kardon T65C

Purchased in 1989 when Crazy Eddy was going out of business.

This was the last TOFL H/K turntable in the mid-1980s.

Philips GA-312

Purchased at an estate sale for $15 in 1996.

In mint condition.

Audio-Technica AT-140ML Cartridge

Philips GA-212

Purchased at Tech HiFi in Syracuse, NY in 1973.
Still have original owners manual and box.

KLH Model Twenty System

Purchased at an estate sale in 1993 for $25.

Restore to like new condition - all functions work.

Steve

Thats a nice collection ya got there. What model is the KLH is it a 20 ? I love those and still regret selling mine. The Kloss Tuners are out of this world !

Dave

MY KLH Twenty System

Yes, this turntable is a KLH 20.

I purchased it for my father, who like "nice looking" systems with "real" wood as well as vinyl.

I had the system professionally restored by an older technician (now retired). So it now operates like new; all functions, lights, and knobs work.

The system was used with a pair of KLH 17 speakers.

BTW, this system is now for sale.

I'm running a carrera LT-120 that my grandfather left to me 2 years ago. He bought it in '86 and never even took it out of the box! Hopefully I'll come across something like a Thorens or other nice TT someday.

Derek

:eek: WOW!, That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!

I wish I would hurry-up and win the dang lottery or somthin'.
otherwise I'll never afford it in this lifetime:D

Do you read Stereophile????

Latest issue--Fremer's column on the Frankfurt show mentions A.J. Van den Hul (the man behind the company) lusting after one of these tables and finally finding one for $16K.

Two days after reading that, I see one on Audiogon.

Alright !

Fear3000 you need to chillout or go back to AA. We aint having non of your crap here !

Grumpy

Well in 2 days I became the proud owner of a Garrard 125SB and a Dual CS515. Both sound very nice to me..:smsex:

Mike

Hello everyone,

I'll add my $0.02 worth here:

1. Technics 1200 M3K (Sure M94E)
2. Dual 1257 (Ortofon OM10)
3. Gemini XL-200 (Grado Blue)

Back
Top Bottom