What TT's do you folks have

Below is a list of the turntables I own:

BANG & OLUFSEN BEOGRAM 3404
LUXMAN PX-101
TECHNICS sp-25
TECHNICS Two-1200MKII

The 1200's are from my Disc Jockey days. The SP-25 does not have a base at the moment. It was used by one of my local radio stations before they went off the air. The B & O I got for $5.00 at good will. The guy said it didn't work. When I went inside the belt had slipped off. It also came with the cartridge in tact. Works like new. The Luxman is linear tracking, it works but needs to be serviced.

Ronnie

I have a Rega P2 that I bought in 1979. I've always used Grado cartridges on it. Before that I had a Phillips GA-312, which was also a fine tt. I am glad to see that some of these are still seeing action. I traded mine to a buddy fo rsome old records.

At the moment, I have a Hitachi HT-1 ca. 1983 (P-mount Grado Prestige Black) with a new belt. One of those turntables that audiophiles typically call "plastic junk." However, the tonearm is a surprisingly good gimbal suspension with no horizontal wiggle, the motor speed is stable, and aside from extreme sensitivity to vibration it sounds pretty good -- even with quiet classical type music. Heck, it even tracks the HFNRR test record almost perfectly, and I paid $11.00 for this beast on Ebay.

I'm fishing around for upgrades, but not unhappy with the sound of this one (especially when listening with headphones :D )

Last edited:
Dual CS 627 Q

This is my latest turntable.

It will replace my trusty Philips GA-312 in my home office.

It really is a beautiful piece of "classic" German engineering and construction. This turntable is direct drive and very quiet.

I am really impressed with the design approach of the Dual ULM (Ultra Low Mass) arm. It uses a custom-designed, Ortofon cartridge that was design for use with the ULM arm. The cartridge is similar in performance to the Ortofon OM20.

20 years later, I was STILL able get a new stylus for this cartridge! The best price for the stylus was in Germany (surprise) for 30.16 Euros. The best price in the US was $49.95. I was also able to get a new owners manual.

Overall, it sounds and operates very nice. I am very pleased.

UPDATE: RadioShack.com carries the original Ortofon replacement stylus (DN155E) for this cartridge (TKS-55E) for $24.95.

Last edited:
Great thread

I love to see all these tt's. Seems like once you get into vinyl these things have a way of multipying.

Going to try an post pictures of my little collection. Pics to follow.

Yamaha PF-800

My pride and joy right now.. has a Shure V15xVR. I use to play the good stuff.

Pioneer PL-15D-II

Has a cheap AT cartridge, I use this to play party LP's that have seen better days.

Realistic LAB-420

This was dad's and the TT I grew up with. Needs to be serviced, right now it is in the attic with it's original box and manual.

Garrard Model 88 mark II

This ones weird, picked up for 3 bucks at a garage sale. It's not an RC, has the same base as a A series, but the plater of a RC. Has a Sure SC35C, I want to make a base for it and to be able to play 78's. I can't seem to find any info on this model and have never seen another one come up on Ebay. If someone has any info I'd appreciated it.

Sears Slivertone???

This one is in a really nice wood console, I restoring the tube tuner and amp, not sure what I'm going to do with this. I my mount my Garrrard in the console. Any you all thought you were crazy..

Hi, Punker!! Welcome to the wonderful world of audiokarma!

LOVE the Yamaha!! That's been on my shortlist for a long time.

The little Pioneer was one of the most popular, widely used TTs of all time. The RS table sure has a Pioneer look to it ... ;)

eThink, that's a nice Dual! Gonna want to hear your thoughts vs. your old Phillips when you get a chance.

pete

The only thing I don't like about the Yamaha is the black color. I'd love to find a PF-1000, basically the same tt, just has a wood base and brass center plater. It really is an amazing tt. You can pound your fist on the table it's sitting on and it doens't miss a beat. I've been sort of lusting after a AR EB-101. But I'm not sure if it's as good as the Yammy. But I love it's wood base and it does have floating suspention.

I pulled the Pioneer out of my Stepdads basement, it is in like new condition, I have all the originall paper work for it. I like it, It is spring mounted so, it takes vibrations pretty good and with a cheapo cartridge I don't mind putting the worst LP's on it.

Joel at the turntable factory thinks the Ratshack TT is a Panasonic/Technics. I sent him pictures of it. I'm trying find new rubber feet for it. The originals are shot. It also rumbles pretty bad. I really don't like DD TT's all that much. The sentimental value of it has keep me from offing it.

Originally posted by bully
Hi, Punker!! Welcome to the wonderful world of audiokarma!

LOVE the Yamaha!! That's been on my shortlist for a long time.

The little Pioneer was one of the most popular, widely used TTs of all time. The RS table sure has a Pioneer look to it ... ;)

eThink, that's a nice Dual! Gonna want to hear your thoughts vs. your old Phillips when you get a chance.

pete

AR-XA

Built a new base for this AR solid oak, changed the tonearm for a ADC carbon fibre job. It has a grado red cartridge. What I'm really looking for is a Bang & olufsen beogram 1200. Any body have a spare?
arxa.JPG

Veerrryy nice looking table KCM. I think Music Hall are marketed as the Project range over here and I've yet to listen to one. From what I've read they are great turntables so you done well dude.
:)
Jack

Back
Top Bottom